65 mph is the word!!!

localdriver

TB Regular
Credits
It just came down yesterday, All trucks with the exception of team trucks will be turned down to 65mph. Road, regional, shuttle, local and D/I trucks, teams will still have 70mph,
The little black boxes installed in road units are for the cheetah, and not a device for checking panic stop's.Also the idle in all local trucks will be shut off, The next time somebody passes you in the granny lane, it might be a swift truck! according to saftey this should save a couple million a year in fuel.. as far as on time deliveries and guarantees! you'll have to leave earilier,
Maybe they can put some of those savings back into our 401?????

65 will actually kill you guys' fuel mileage. we have a few trucks every year that run btwn 68-70 and they get much better mileage than the rest that go 65. go figure....

65 mph

All the Wal-Mart trucks go 65 mph and fleet mpg is in excess of 7 .of coarse all Wal-Mart Tractors are equiped with APU"S ( auxiliary power units ) for a/c and electricty and espar for heat in the sleeper area . very comfortable and in keeping with the move to "GREEN" for the environment . The system we use is a 12v system where all is run off the trucks battery and Inverters for 110 ac and the apu runs to recharge the batterys at low voltage or to run the compreser on a/c. Heat can be generated with almost no sound at all untill battery's reach a low level.

I imagine most of your sleepers have to idle in order to stay comfortable in extreem conditions and that has a derogatory effect on fuel milege .The move to apu's is benificial in a couple of ways ,first the amount of idle time is practically elliminated except for a 3 min cool down thus decreasing total fuel consumption and polutants into the atmospere . While increaseing fuel efficiency and lowering cost . Secondly there is the added benifit of increased public awarness of the" Green Industry's Impact on the Environment " and being able to use that in Marketing a business that is generally percieved as wasteful .Big Trucks seen idleing for hours on end in public areas while drivers are sleeping . The driver requires breaks and heat and a/c are necessary but to the average passerby thats an empty cab chugging away .

good luck with everything and remember I'm watching you :smilie_132:

Was 65 mph a just figure thrown up in the air, or What does cummis say that the trucks should be spected out to obtain maximum miles per gallon ? 65 mph is alright with me but we have no pulling power with these trucks.....Thanks

lightbulbah3.jpg
I'm not sure who's figures they are however remeber back when Mr. Adams set the trucks up for progressive shifiting, we could not get out of our own way crossing the intersection, or going over the bridges we were in just about in low range.

Another bright idea and I dont mean Ford !