Yellow | 671 adding 12 road positions

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Linehaul at 671 is going to grow by 12 men, this week. A crossover to the road was hung this past Thursday. Anyone that is CDL qualified can sign the list. The positions will chosen in seniority order. Any openings not fill will be hired "off the street". DS.

My thoughts exactly, Lou. The five drivers that left went back "home". I don't see them making the move back. I think the crossover comes down Thursday. Another thing I have thought about is that we have 3 or 4 casuals that drive in P+D, it will be a long while before they would be able to get on there. This is a chance for them to go full time, if it doesn't fill. Also the guys from Billings that just lost their jobs, may have a chance, too. I agree, more drivers, more freight. :cool: DS.

Hey serta......I guess if RDWY gets down to having to hire off the street you can put in for a transfer. The crossover comes down Thrusday, I'll let you know if it fills. Come on down!! :bgroovy: DS.

woo hoo. Guess I better start working on the women to move. Reason I'm not transfered now. Maybe she'll realize the situation here finally.

truckinusa said:
671 is where?
Hey truckinusa.........671 is Winston-Salem, NC. Some terminals call it Kernersville, because that's where we really are. I have seen manifests, remember those things?:rolleyes: , come in both ways. Where do you drive out of? DS.

OK here's the skinny on the crossover. 10 of the 12 road jobs filled. I think the company has to offer the work to preferred casuals, regular casuals, guys laid off from other carriers, then hire off the street. I'll check the supplement again and see what it said. DS.

How did the crossover bid go??? They messed up with this cause the 90 days hasn't been completed and all it takes is one of those guyz to come back.

Docksteward said:
OK here's the skinny on the crossover. 10 of the 12 road jobs filled. I think the company has to offer the work to preferred casuals, regular casuals, guys laid off from other carriers, then hire off the street. I'll check the supplement again and see what it said. DS.
Think this is a national contract rule, not sure, but Out of all those choices, if theres a teamster in the bunch, he has to be hired first.

serta said:
Think this is a national contract rule, not sure, but Out of all those choices, if theres a teamster in the bunch, he has to be hired first.
OK, this is what I was told, today. Guys at loosing barns from the COO can transfer per NMFA Article 5 Section 5. Section 5. Work Opportunity

Over-the-road employees, who are on letter of layoff, shall be given an opportunity to transfer to permanent over-the-road employment (prior to the employment of new hires) occurring at other over-the-road domiciles of the Employer located within the Regional area provided they notify the Employer in writing of their interest in a transfer opportunity. The offer of transfer will be made in the order of continuous over-the-road seniority of the laid-off drivers domiciled within the Regional area. The Employer shall be required to make additional offers of transfer to an employee who has previously rejected a transfer opportunity provided the employee again notifies the Employer in writing of his/her continued interest in additional transfer opportunities. However, the Employer will only be required to make one transfer offer in any six (6) calendar month period. Any employee accepting such offer shall be paid at the employee’s applicable rate of pay and shall be placed at the bottom of the seniority board for bidding and layoff purposes, but shall retain company seniority for fringe benefits only. A transferring employee shall pay his/her own moving expenses and shall, upon reporting to such new domicile, be deemed to have relinquished his/her right to return with seniority to the domicile from which he/she transferred. The provisions of this Section shall not supersede an established order of call/hiring in the Supplemental Agreement.

I hope this helps. DS.

screwy louiey said:
How did the crossover bid go??? They messed up with this cause the 90 days hasn't been completed and all it takes is one of those guyz to come back.
I agree Lou.....but the 5 guys that left 671 were going back "home". These guys had moved with changes in the past and now had the chance to move back. I don't see them comming back. DS.