Yellow | 671 Welcoming a new neighbor

In the year i've been with Roadway, I have never seen a 53'. The ocasional 48' coming inbound. Which we turn over as soon as we can, and the two we keep on the yard. We were told by our TM that the only TR's RDW is purchasing this year are 53's and to expect to see more of em'. He went as far as to say that any new tractors bought this year would be tandems, to keep line dvrs from having to jiff up?

Has anyone else heard anything similar?

JWor said:
In the year i've been with Roadway, I have never seen a 53'. The ocasional 48' coming inbound. Which we turn over as soon as we can, and the two we keep on the yard. We were told by our TM that the only TR's RDW is purchasing this year are 53's and to expect to see more of em'. He went as far as to say that any new tractors bought this year would be tandems, to keep line dvrs from having to jiff up?

Has anyone else heard anything similar?

That is all they run to us is 53' or a railbox, plus we're over capacity @657. For the longest we been telling the we need a bigger terminal and to no avail would they listen. Now with the 53' run to us the yard has shrunk quickly. Linehaul just drops their sets or big box on the street.

jwor, they don't care if we jif up from now on I don't think. It's just a weight issue. There are line drivers going to sat. terms. with a blue tractor, (single axle, can't jif) and pups and picking up 48 & 53 ft trailers. No bills ,unknown weight, (to the driver) and getting overweight tickets.

TheBigR said:
The more that quit, the more the company loves it. Get's a 75%er, no vacation, they save a ton. Don't let them fool ya into thinking they don't have a stack of applicants waiting for a phone call from them.
You got that right brother.

According to a Friend,You can go 32,000 pounds on a single axle with a van as long as the axle weight is under 20,000 pounds on the drive and 12,000 on the steering.
The gross will go down from 80,000 pounds to only 64,000 because you lose an axle.
These are just guidelines. Look at your springs and see if they are bent backwards on the tractor. That's a pretty good clue that Mr. DOT will want to make some money off of Rex!
If your at a Break or a local Terminal with a scale use it!
It's simple how this works at Roadway, C.Y.A.!!!! Because Roadway could care less about your safety!

Don't used the scale at terminal have a yard jockey do it for ya! Why, because Rex will be paying for it, it's yard work! Been there seen it happen.

Docksteward said:
According to the "powers that be" and after a 3 year delay..........Yellow Freight Systems is moving into the old 671 IB dock on or before 7-1-06. Contractors are spiffing up the place and maintence is knocking the rust off the dockplates. The interesting thing will be yard control and if G99 will be doing any work on Yellow equipment. I'm sure that fuel will be a sore subject also :chairshot: I'll see if I can take some photos when things start comming together. DS.:cool:

Once again for us "other" YRCW employees....where is 671?.....KK

Kennesaw Kid said:
Once again for us "other" YRCW employees....where is 671?.....KK
Winston-Salem (Kernersville) NC. Yellow moved in a little over a week ago. Funny thing though, our last TM closed off the yard and if you worked at the old IB dock you had to walk all the way across the yard to get to the dock, instead of using the parking lot next to it!!:chairshot: Some type of "National Security", "Homeland Security", looking out for freight terroist deal. Yellow moves in and they use the parking lot!! I think it was a way for the old TM to jerk us around, like he did alot.:nutkick: I'm glad they get to use it. DS.