Yellow | 671 "Wide Open"

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Looks like there's freight in Carolina, again. Overtime all week and all of the dock workers have been called back from layoff!!! Hope they can stay on for a while and maybe do some hireing to get them some seniority. Are the other terminals doing good now too?? DS.

Freight falling off the dock at 681

Freight falling off the dock here at 681
Charlotte, But they are gonna lay off 2 more dockman this week and are trying to hire 6
causal dock and 6 P&D. Taking apps. The 5th
Glad to hear Winston and other places are picking up as well.

Mike

thegr8one said:
Docksteward, heard they brought back all lay off guys back to work at 120. Just hear say no facts on it.
Were they working OT at 120 today?? 671 had 60 men working today on the dock. That equals to 8 hours holiday pay and 8 hours double time!! Let's see here $21.71 per hour.......times three (holiday plus double time for working on a holiday) =$65.13 per hour. Times 8 hours of work=$521.04 :bgroovy: Not bad for a day on the dock!! I missed the cut and had to stay home :chairshot: Oh well. DS.

Plenty of OT for everyone plus whoever wasn't manatory this month got it! 7 punches on Holiday too. Manatory 2 hrs on most shifts. Men who where on lay off was told they will be working 40hrs.

DS take it one step more 5 days plus holiday = $1389.44 Now count in the factor of Uncle Sam approx take home ? You made out better staying home and spending time with family plus still got paid for it...

thegr8one said:
Plenty of OT for everyone plus whoever wasn't manatory this month got it! 7 punches on Holiday too. Manatory 2 hrs on most shifts. Men who where on lay off was told they will be working 40hrs.
gr8one, are you talking drivers? Cause of this past weekend, I know there's dockworkers that worked Sat., Sun., Mon., but were still in layoff. Or has something happened since the weekend?

slabslob said:
gr8one, are you talking drivers? Cause of this past weekend, I know there's dockworkers that worked Sat., Sun., Mon., but were still in layoff. Or has something happened since the weekend?
Thats what the guys on dock said, Mark S had preshift meeting and told dockmen that was laid off will be working 40 hrs. Slabslob, you know used car salesman and boing boing don't always speak the truth. Take it for what it's worth.

I Talked to one of the laid off guys today, they are not called back, but just working extra hours this week.

LOL D.S. dont work at all he shows up... LOL just kidding... just messing with you D.S. His job is really keeping BRUNO off of the WildBoard drivers.....I hade a tooth pulled yesterday and I got to get now and call the BOOK OFF line......:) on med that I cant drive while using.... i think anyway based on how i feel now.....

671CityBoy said:
LOL D.S. dont work at all he shows up... His job is really keeping BRUNO off of the WildBoard drivers.....
Hey that's 99% of it!! If you guys weren't so demanding of us lowly dockworkers you wouldn't have Bruno on your azz!! I just do what I can!! DS.