Yellow | 681/653 Thread

back to the top again?

We were heading back to the top, but it seems the day traders were just cashing in, either that or YRC is trying to set a higher stock price for us so-called company OWNERS. This YRC corp is really looking out for us hourly wage earners now that we have a vested interest in the survival of their high salary mismanagement employees.:shift:

are freight levels increasing at all, is business looking up any or things about the same
Freight levels at 653 have been up for the last month or so. Unlike last year, we seem to actually have had a strong end of the month. Hopefully it will continue and get us through the new year! DS.

Freight levels at 653 have been up for the last month or so. Unlike last year, we seem to actually have had a strong end of the month. Hopefully it will continue and get us through the new year! DS.

Unfortunately, don't count on it....after our meeting @ Local 71 this past Fri. with Distric VP B.P., Labor Relations man T.U., RSC Manager G.F., Pres. T.R., and all the stewards, it was shared with us, that despite an excellent Sept..., in another week or so freight levels are going to drop off dramatically, early forecasts tell them levels for the 4th quarter, especially October will be down approx. 40 % as retailers this year are not keeping any inventory on hand, and are only ordering as necessary. We've lost some major accounts due to financial worries that persist in the market....we will not see some kind of rebound until next year....and unfortunately, as B.P stated, undoubtedly, there will be more layoffs, soon.....who knows how deep they will go, as well as continuing to cut management...g

Damn G-man you sure are a beacon of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.........Hope you men in 653 are able to stay busy without whipping the T.M. butt again......Tell me what the ratio is of non-essential to actual labor.(clerical,supervisors,mgrs....etc)

Unfortunately, don't count on it....after our meeting @ Local 71 this past Fri. with Distric VP B.P., Labor Relations man T.U., RSC Manager G.F., Pres. T.R., and all the stewards, it was shared with us, that despite an excellent Sept..., in another week or so freight levels are going to drop off dramatically, early forecasts tell them levels for the 4th quarter, especially October will be down approx. 40 % as retailers this year are not keeping any inventory on hand, and are only ordering as necessary. We've lost some major accounts due to financial worries that persist in the market....we will not see some kind of rebound until next year....and unfortunately, as B.P stated, undoubtedly, there will be more layoffs, soon.....who knows how deep they will go, as well as continuing to cut management...g
Thanks for passing that info on to us.

We've got 3 GOM's, 5 W and I, 2 velocity managers, 4 shift managers, a guy to run down TC freight and several other people who have questionable titles. The bigger question is when are we going to start clearing VP's and ADO's their are way to many.

Damn G-man you sure are a beacon of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.........Hope you men in 653 are able to stay busy without whipping the T.M. butt again......Tell me what the ratio is of non-essential to actual labor.(clerical,supervisors,mgrs....etc)

Hopefully that TM won't try to be such a jokester or thief. But even if not, he should be safe. From what I know of those who remain there,none have enough B@LLs to stand up for themselves when their local won't........

Hopefully that TM won't try to be such a jokester or thief. But even if not, he should be safe. From what I know of those who remain there,none have enough B@LLs to stand up for themselves when their local won't........

wrong comment to make sir.....there are those of us who aren't to take on any of them,.....any time. I can assure you, I'm not afraid to fill up their desks with grievances and complaints.....g

wrong comment to make sir.....there are those of us who aren't to take on any of them,.....any time. I can assure you, I'm not afraid to fill up their desks with grievances and complaints.....g

yeah, our big *** powerful union will show them

15 more layed off from dock saturday night . forced o/t for all remaining .
guess that the "we can put guys back on and not work o/t because of no bennies being paid so vote yes " thing is over and done already .

15 more layed off from dock saturday night . forced o/t for all remaining .
guess that the "we can put guys back on and not work o/t because of no bennies being paid so vote yes " thing is over and done already .

Add 3 P&D and 3 Switchers to the list.........The remaining workers love the fact that it means more O/T for them...........