Yellow | 681/653 Thread

Hey devilfan......if you remember, about how many guys were working the dock at this time last year? DS.

I believe we had somewhere around 120 working maybe a few more. I would have to find an old seniority list but we are smaller as 3 terminals combined than we were then.

oh well just got word from a bud while im on vacation that we will be layed off as of sat. mid .
they have gotten down to 20 year guys now .
rather be layed off i guess than working and having to worry about if the checks will be good when they shut this pos company down .
happy new years every 1

oh well just got word from a bud while im on vacation that we will be layed off as of sat. mid .
they have gotten down to 20 year guys now .
rather be layed off i guess than working and having to worry about if the checks will be good when they shut this pos company down .
happy new years every 1

That is freaking unbelievable........20 yrs. worth of seniority and being layed off........I wonder if that is about the same in Atlanta?.........Anyway goodluck longblade........:TR10driving03:.........We can all thank MR. IDIOT ZOLLARS........:TR10driving03:

Thks electra gl2u2
Kind of seen it coming .
gonna be in the teens all next week so my hopes are that yrc pulls this out and we can all get back to doing what we do by spring.
Gonna save about $75-$80 a week in gas and 2 1/2 hours a day in commute time.
It is what it is .

Sorry to hear about it Long.......:console:, there is life after YRC, it ain't pretty but, there IS life. It'll all work out just fine, you'll see. Keep your chin up. From my experience, when it looked like there was no hope, an opportunity knocked on the door the next day. Just keep your spirits up my man. We'll all get through this.

linehaul been out of drivers for weeks now and will not use laid off guys that signed up to work casual. you guys are crazy for staying on board. everybody needs to take their name off casual board and make them recall drivers when they need them. drivers keep retiring and they call no one back, even laid off more. i hope they go out off business. they claim workers are biggest asset, yet they treat you like ::shit::. hope i can soon find something i like because i don't want to come back to this company. give'em hell jack

hey mr dd they have laid off to 20 yrs. they have 30 x-board & i have seen as 175. they run each & everyone on rest. they have upset families, wives & children. they have ruined customer loyalty & workers attitudes as well. i cant see IBT helping a bit. go to the wrong site & strike. i dont believe old man hoffa wud be proud of jr. now. good luck to all YRC>

Yeah, I just got the word that I will be laid off as well, this weekend... we all hung on to the railing for as long as we could....it's amazing how 20+ now get's you nothing......well, I figure in the next week, just about everybody in the company will be "laid off".....best of luck to everyone, as we're taking on water pretty fast now....I think I'll take my scotch up on the deck....:boat::TR10driving03: g-man

Well!! welcome to the layed off ranks its not so bad.You guys that just got layed off won't be layed off long .Maybe two weeks before things get rolling again.Does anyone have the numbers for city, dock and yard.

Well!! welcome to the layed off ranks its not so bad.You guys that just got layed off won't be layed off long .Maybe two weeks before things get rolling again.Does anyone have the numbers for city, dock and yard.

Man G I would like to have some of the stuff you are smoking....... I guess everyone who's not a doom and gloomer
thinks everything is fine now. The flood gates are gonna open up all the laid-off will be called back. Next Jan. They are gonna start paying pension payments again. :TR10driving03::loser: Have a good time on lay-off longblade and G-Man hopefully it won't last to long for you guys......

Man G I would like to have some of the stuff you are smoking....... I guess everyone who's not a doom and gloomer
thinks everything is fine now. The flood gates are gonna open up all the laid-off will be called back. Next Jan. They are gonna start paying pension payments again. :TR10driving03::loser: Have a good time on lay-off longblade and G-Man hopefully it won't last to long for you guys......

thanks MM, unfortunately, because I need the insurance, and I'm now #1 on the laid off list, I'll still be working on call....longblade said he's gonna take a break for awhile. Total numbers were 20 as of this Sun. 10 on the dock, and I'm not sure how the city and yard broke down. All I have to say is, now with about 170 laid off and only 120 on active on the dock, let them try to turn us on 8's....I WILL fill the office with grievances........g

so we do all of these things to help the company and what did they do this weekend? Let service freight sit until Monday. I don't understand how you want to run a company this way. The only thing that is going to help us now is SERVICE.

so we do all of these things to help the company and what did they do this weekend? Let service freight sit until Monday. I don't understand how you want to run a company this way. The only thing that is going to help us now is SERVICE.
Hey devilfan.......that's another old RDWY practice that has to be changed if we are to take advantage of the cost savings that are now in place.

Everyone here knows that this practice delays freight and costs us customers and leads to more layoffs!! Playing games with customers freight is BS!! :BS:

After YRC almost went down the drain at the end of the year, you would think someone up top would say......."Hmmmm we must not be doing something right"?!? Well this is a prime example of what not to do.

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. DS.

There was some concern raised yesterday during the IBT conference call about YRC letting the customers freight sit and go late on purpose. The IBT said that they would address the problem with the company.

There will be another conference call Thursday night at 7:30 eastern time.

Hey devilfan.......that's another old RDWY practice that has to be changed if we are to take advantage of the cost savings that are now in place.

Everyone here knows that this practice delays freight and costs us customers and leads to more layoffs!! Playing games with customers freight is BS!! :BS:

After YRC almost went down the drain at the end of the year, you would think someone up top would say......."Hmmmm we must not be doing something right"?!? Well this is a prime example of what not to do.

Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. DS.
Letting freight sit over the weekend was never a roadway practice until the last few years.
The weekend was always the busiest time of the week.The satellite terminals were always packed with freight on Monday morning to be delivered.It was said that roadway moved more freight on the weekend than all the other freight companies moved during the week.When YRC stopped moving as much freight as they could on the weekends,they made a big mistake and gave up the edge they had in giving the best service possible.They better get back to the old policy of giving good service,instead of letting the bean counters run the company.This debt swap gave them a great opportunity to make it,let`s hope the use it wisely.Tens of thousands of people depend on this company making it.

There was some concern raised yesterday during the IBT conference call about YRC letting the customers freight sit and go late on purpose. The IBT said that they would address the problem with the company.

There will be another conference call Thursday night at 7:30 eastern time.
I see the company is already stating our on time numbers are best they ever been. We all know how each TM skews the numbers, I would imagine it happens right on down the line too. I hope the IBT does'nt just except the hype and has a way to pressure Mngt into doing whats right. Otherwise its all :BS: