Yellow | 681/653 Thread

What the F Bob these guys just came back a week ago let them work 2 or 3 before laying them back off. This guy needs to go and find his final resting Buffet.

What the F Bob these guys just came back a week ago let them work 2 or 3 before laying them back off. This guy needs to go and find his final resting Buffet.

Sorry to here that. This co. management just wont change its format with the newly combined operation. Keeps giving people false hope.

what a bunch of crap!!!! the day this company stops screwing with peoples lives is the day they'll close the doors......you'd swear they do this like they're enjoying it.....we've been busy enough to work any laid off man who wants to work, and still the "infamous" 2 hour draft on a daily basis, so let's lay these guys back off......thanks jacka$$.......g

Just making an observation here..............I have noticed a bit of difference in the way the laid off guys do down here. Back at 671 most guys would come in when called. Down here a lot of the 653 guys won't. I understand guys with bills, kids, health issues, etc. but it seems like a plan that could actually work if more guys didn't come running when YRC "needs" them. JMHO..........DS.

Just making an observation here..............I have noticed a bit of difference in the way the laid off guys do down here. Back at 671 most guys would come in when called. Down here a lot of the 653 guys won't. I understand guys with bills, kids, health issues, etc. but it seems like a plan that could actually work if more guys didn't come running when YRC "needs" them. JMHO..........DS.
In all honesty DS, back in winston, whoever made the calls every weekend, would call a hundred and get a handfull.....I made the calls today before I left down there and got NO ONE......I also filed a grievance on Sat. for supplementing the hours lost by those they just laid off with mandatory OT for all shifts.....same old story.....enough grievances and soon they'll have to answer for it....

eTownhall

This is a link to Bev Perdue whom local 71 and 391 helped get elected. Maybe if we all send her an email about the abuse of
the ESC by YRC we can get some help.

This is a copy of the email I have sent.

Dear Governor,
I am a member of IBT Local 71 and employed by YRC, formerly known as Yellow and Roadway. We at the Charlotte terminal feel that the company is abusing the ESC by laying off workers and forcing the remainder of us to work 2 hours Overtime EVERY day. With approximately 150 men working this week we will see 1500 hours of forced Overtime while other men were laid off today, Sunday. 1500 hours would be equal to at least 37 men working. Now I don't know exactly what unemployment pays today but at $500 that would be $18,500. multiplied by at least 8-10 weeks that YRC has been doing this, and Roadway in Winston-Salem before that $185,000 out of the our states budget, and more to come.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Devilfan for the starting the ball rolling, I sent one as well, and I suggest and ask that everybody emails her....it's time to bring in the big guns to fight this blatant abuse of overtime, and stop this company trend before we're all gone.....g

what a bunch of crap!!!! the day this company stops screwing with peoples lives is the day they'll close the doors......you'd swear they do this like they're enjoying it.....we've been busy enough to work any laid off man who wants to work, and still the "infamous" 2 hour draft on a daily basis, so let's lay these guys back off......thanks jacka$$.......g

I was layed off 4 weeks ago and they have called almost everyday ,and they still layed off more people this weekend .I'm fed up and taking the next week or so off.:Flame-On: If the kids where out of school I 'd take off on a long vacation.

I was layed off 4 weeks ago and they have called almost everyday ,and they still layed off more people this weekend .I'm fed up and taking the next week or so off.:Flame-On: If the kids where out of school I 'd take off on a long vacation.
So I ask you, what has the company gained by continuing to lay off?
They are still calling in any laid off man who wants to work.
They are still paying benefits to those who are working.
There is still mandatory overtime everyday.
We are still busy enough to have all these guys on the active list and working on bid.
OR, is it the flexibility, to work the laid off anytime they want and turn them every 8 hours on the weekend, when they're shorthanded?

Devilfan and I have contacted the NC Governors office asking for help and to look into this matter.....every UNNECESSARY man who gets laid off, gets forced into the state unemployment insurance benefit program (ESC), when they CAN, and SHOULD BE working, this is creating an additional burden on the unemployment program that is already being stretched to the limit. That is the premise we both based our letters on, among other things....waiting for a response......

In the meantime, those who are laid off- work when you want to, BUT do not do them any favors by allowing yourself to be set up for shifts while you are working, and allow them to turn you on 8....ask that they call you daily to be set up.....remember, you are NOT ACTIVE, UNASSIGNED employees, you are LAID OFF, everytime you work, you are doing THEM a favor, DO NOT ALLOW yourself to be manipulated......g

So I ask you, what has the company gained by continuing to lay off?
They are still calling in any laid off man who wants to work.
They are still paying benefits to those who are working.
There is still mandatory overtime everyday.
We are still busy enough to have all these guys on the active list and working on bid.
OR, is it the flexibility, to work the laid off anytime they want and turn them every 8 hours on the weekend, when they're shorthanded?

Devilfan and I have contacted the NC Governors office asking for help and to look into this matter.....every UNNECESSARY man who gets laid off, gets forced into the state unemployment insurance benefit program (ESC), when they CAN, and SHOULD BE working, this is creating an additional burden on the unemployment program that is already being stretched to the limit. That is the premise we both based our letters on, among other things....waiting for a response......

In the meantime, those who are laid off- work when you want to, BUT do not do them any favors by allowing yourself to be set up for shifts while you are working, and allow them to turn you on 8....ask that they call you daily to be set up.....remember, you are NOT ACTIVE, UNASSIGNED employees, you are LAID OFF, everytime you work, you are doing THEM a favor, DO NOT ALLOW yourself to be manipulated......g

Not sure how it worked in the other locals you were in G
But here at 71 once your on the property they can set you up and as far as I know you can't refuse the start when
you are there. You can however refuse over the phone........
You might want to check with the D**k over the hall TR and make sure. That's what we were always told by the local.

THe best way around that is to accept the work and hit the sick board until we can get this thing cleared up. It may not be the right thing to do but it is the only way around the mess. They (YRC) is not willing to stop setting men up while they are face to face but at this time more avenues are being explored.

THe best way around that is to accept the work and hit the sick board until we can get this thing cleared up. It may not be the right thing to do but it is the only way around the mess. They (YRC) is not willing to stop setting men up while they are face to face but at this time more avenues are being explored.
Rico's definitely right..accept your setup time and if you can't work it, or just need a break, hit the sick board.....they cannot penalize you and put you on article 46 while you are laid off...THAT IS A FACT.....good luck till we get this worked out......g

Anyone know what the hour count looked like this past week for 653? I would also be interested in the count over at 681. DS.

It must be busy or somthing I've been called 4 times today for work. Im too pissed to work right now sorry.653 and 681 have both called dock work and p&d work.Its good to know that frieghts getting better or everybodys too **** off.

Dont be fooled with it being busy. They called me on monday for P&D at 681. They have to call 45+ guys before they get to me.

Anyone know what the hour count looked like this past week for 653? I would also be interested in the count over at 681. DS.
mr docksteward this is jack rudisill & i quit posting after being harassed so much. it is on coo in june on YRC page. i tried to send jeff a message but not sure it went thru. someone is using my name & password & this is crime. if u can find me answer pls call me collect will be fine. this is about as low as u go. tks