Yellow | 681/653 Thread

I don't think many will be able to hold board position, let alone a bid. These will be paid retirement moves and desperation moves.

[size=10pt][/size]I've been laid off 1 year now. My TM says he can only work me 2 days as a casual per YRC godz. They do not want to pay H&W. Being that I have other "stuff" in MI and FL I'm nowhere near TX. So, like every month, I tell him I need a letter, 2 days won't sustain life.
On the other hand, I got a call from [somewhere] GA offering casual work because their laid off won't answer their phones. I had to tell them that the math wasn't good and turned down that offer.
If all laid off refused, letters might be issued.
My TM also pondered that if casual work was refused, was YRC obligated to pay unemployment? My answer to that was; YRC stopped paying my unemployment bennies 6 months ago.

Ps Where is the spell check button?

Just wondering if anyone knows why VP Jim L. was let go last week. We had some dealings with him at 671 when BP was terminal manager. He seemed to be OK people. I think he was close to the guys from 682, also.

I also heard that a couple more dock supervisors were let go this week. "Big Chew",a super that came over with Nelson from 681 and a Yellow super, I'm not sure of his name.

I guess they can call back some laid off men now that the payroll has been loosened up! DS.

im with you on that 1 dock..
the other super was bob b was a yellow guy . seem to be a good guy .

[quote author=Docksteward link=topic=59151.msg821635#msg821635 date=1271259020]
Just wondering if anyone knows why VP Jim L. was let go last week. We had some dealings with him at 671 when BP was terminal manager. He seemed to be OK people. I think he was close to the guys from 682, also.

I also heard that a couple more dock supervisors were let go this week. "Big Chew",a super that came over with Nelson from 681 and a Yellow super, I'm not sure of his name.

I guess they can call back some laid off men now that the payroll has been loosened up! DS.
[/quote] Well at least you won't have to buy no more of that "Red Man 9000" for "Big Chew"....that stuff is top shelf !! :biglaugh:

[quote author=slickricklee link=topic=59151.msg821876#msg821876 date=1271346841]
[quote author=Docksteward link=topic=59151.msg821635#msg821635 date=1271259020]

[/quote] Well at least you won't have to buy no more of that "Red Man 9000" for "Big Chew"....that stuff is top shelf !! :biglaugh:
[/quote]Yea! It's amazing how that stuff can get you out of mandatory 2 hour OT!! DS.

good news with the 21 :clap:.heard something was up with price but nothing but rumors.sounds like more good news

[quote author=devilfan link=topic=59151.msg824446#msg824446 date=1272162337]
21 called back today. Heard that ADO Bob P. is moving to New Orleans anybody else hear this?
[/quote][quote author=longblade link=topic=59151.msg824455#msg824455 date=1272163453]
good news with the 21 :clap:.heard something was up with price but nothing but rumors.sounds like more good news
[/quote]

How many does that make active? Have we hit 160 yet?

there were 130 bids put up with 5 left open for long term disability, comp and retirement so we should be up to 146. 2 retiring soon. Culpepper has about 4 days left then vac. through all of May and Mendoza this week also.

[quote author=Docksteward link=topic=59151.msg824540#msg824540 date=1272208360]
Hey Mike, I'll check the numbers............I do know it's over 150. DS.
[/quote][quote author=devilfan link=topic=59151.msg824604#msg824604 date=1272218193]
there were 130 bids put up with 5 left open for long term disability, comp and retirement so we should be up to 146. 2 retiring soon. Culpepper has about 4 days left then vac. through all of May and Mendoza this week also.[/quote]

Thanks DS and DF for the info.......

[quote author=devilfan link=topic=59151.msg824446#msg824446 date=1272162337]
21 called back today. Heard that ADO Bob P. is moving to New Orleans anybody else hear this?
[/quote]

Big Bob P. was shipped off to Memphis........ Don't know if he will have the same title there..............
We are supposed to get the guy back that was there before Bob, Think his name is Bill A........

I did get to meet the new district guy when he was at 653. It will be interesting to find out if he's a leader or follower.

I'm assuming that Gary F. followed though on his threat to lay off the 12 guys that qualified back on last week. Man, talk about internal politics!! How about we pull the bid down because the TM was not aware 12 men were brought back from lay off!! Steve C. knows how to run the dock but Gary won't give him the tools to do it right.

I hope the freight levels continue to grow and we get more guys put on! DS.

I also noticed something the past few weeks.........where has all the Reimer freight gone? Maybe I missed something but I thought those guys were in and out of 653 on a daily basis. Yesterday I saw one van on the yard. I know we've lost a bunch of freight but dang!! I was told those lanes operated very profitable. DS.

Good to hear 6 more dock guys getting recalled from layoff, just wish it would have been 10 like we were told on Friday. Also heard that 2 were coming back to the yard but not for sure.

Anyone go in today and sop up that gravy??? LOL DS.

As far as Monday went, there were several names on the list then it was posted saying only 7 men would be used on the dock. Just wondering if they stuck with that number or did they use more? Double time plus the holiday pay is good money but I didn't miss it!!! DS.