ODFL | 6th Mastio Award

Freight Guru

TB Lurker
Credits
OD just won the 6th in a row. This is awarded by polling thousands of industry professionals who all vote in several categories.

You did,in September.
Heck...that didn't even cover the cost of living for must. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it
But I'm talking some real scratch. Like UPS type money. We'll maybe just FedEx or Conway money would be okay.:greedy dollars:

Ya only been here a year or two but that's what OD raises consist of and they're very generous to give us that.

I think what I'm getting right now is pretty decent. I just hope winning these awards translates into winning more market share and more freight going forward.

Most people don't know what the award is, doubt it gains any market share.[/QUOTE

People in the industry know what it is and what it means. Depends how you look at it though -- the same things which got us this award -- are what's going to get us more market share....not the award itself.

Conway makes less than we do????? In spring Fed-ex or UPS should be hiring if your not Happy.
Not out here they don't. Don't remember saying I wasn't happy. Just because I think or raises should reflect the company growth doesn't mean I'm unhappy. If you don't ask you'll never receive. The worst they can do is say no. Lighten up Francis!

Heck...that didn't even cover the cost of living for must. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it
But I'm talking some real scratch. Like UPS type money. We'll maybe just FedEx or Conway money would be okay.:greedy dollars:
Seriously UMP? I'll match my paycheck with any driver at CNWY or FXF And I'm not embarrased to be compared to most any UPSF driver either..

Seriously UMP? I'll match my paycheck with any driver at CNWY or FXF And I'm not embarrased to be compared to most any UPSF driver either..
Good for you. Look guys all I'm saying is this company has had record profits and grabbed a huge chunk of the market. We should get more then just a cost of living raises. I know for a fact we are .05 a mile behind FedEx out here. Hourly we are even but without the overtime after eight it's not close. Also drop and hooks, delay time and layover pay is much better at the other 3 big ltl's. Don't take this as me not liking OD, I made the switch for a reason. I'm just not afraid to want more of the pie when I helped make it.

Good for you. Look guys all I'm saying is this company has had record profits and grabbed a huge chunk of the market. We should get more then just a cost of living raises. I know for a fact we are .05 a mile behind FedEx out here. Hourly we are even but without the overtime after eight it's not close. Also drop and hooks, delay time and layover pay is much better at the other 3 big ltl's. Don't take this as me not liking OD, I made the switch for a reason. I'm just not afraid to want more of the pie when I helped make it.

Start spreading the wealth by giving city across the board OT after 40. Not like this operation is hurting.

Last edited by a moderator:
FDXF CPM pay exactly the same as OD in the Mid west.

I'm assuming FedEx is paying the same everywhere. A friend of mine that run line haul there tells me he's making 59 cpm..As for CNWY I'm not sure of cpm, but they don't run the miles we can.

I'm assuming FedEx is paying the same everywhere. A friend of mine that run line haul there tells me he's making 59 cpm..As for CNWY I'm not sure of cpm, but they don't run the miles we can.
Your assumption would be wrong. Go visit their board, one of the main threads is the discrepancy in pay between centers. Some only miles apart. Does your friend still run line haul for them? If not, how long ago was it. I left 3 years ago and my center was at 61 cpm now they are 65cpm.

All due respect, I will take my .6153/mile and hook/drop/fuel pay (as pitiful as they may seem to some) with pleasure over a few more cpm and a lot more headache and toxicity in work environment that seems to permeate FXF.
I agree with that. I also feel when you keep being told you're the best and you're the reason we've had record profits, a little more then the standard cost of living would go a long way in keeping employees motivated to do the job at the highest level.
Again that's just my opinion. Not everyone agrees but I bet they would take it if offered. I'm just not afraid to want it.