XPO | 70/30 Bid Splitting

Lean

TB Lurker
Credits
how does everyone feel about the new policy of a 30% flex board? we have 142 drivers at our barn and now will have 42 on our flex. 29 city and 13 night.. seems like I just keep moving backwards.. scm cut bids to fill with part-time to get those numbers ..to work..

I think those numbers are in the Employee Handbook somewhere, so I dont think its something new...I cant remember the exact number, but terminals have some leeway in how much of their boards can be made into flex positions.

how does everyone feel about the new policy of a 30% flex board? we have 142 drivers at our barn and now will have 42 on our flex. 29 city and 13 night.. seems like I just keep moving backwards.. scm cut bids to fill with part-time to get those numbers ..to work..

Is your flex board one board? Like it is here?

I think those numbers are in the Employee Handbook somewhere, so I dont think its something new...I cant remember the exact number, but terminals have some leeway in how much of their boards can be made into flex positions.
It used to be in the employee handbook 85/15 but now it is whatever they want.

:2437:
It used to be in the employee handbook 85/15 but now it is whatever they want.

That's what I was talking to a few guys about the other day. I said man I feel like I'm going backwards......I'm suppose to be going forward. We had a guy with 18 years lose his start time. He was boiling mad this morning I don't blame him,but on the bright side I don't hae that much time in so don't really have much to lose if I decide to walk! :kicking::wavey:

:2437:

That's what I was talking to a few guys about the other day. I said man I feel like I'm going backwards......I'm suppose to be going forward. We had a guy with 18 years lose his start time. He was boiling mad this morning I don't blame him,but on the bright side I don't hae that much time in so don't really have much to lose if I decide to walk! :kicking::wavey:
Don't leave stay and fight.

Sounds like getting on board with the Lean Journey!!! Conway leaning us over:732:

we have 2 boards at our barn. i thought they said the 70/30 rule is corporate wide for next year? so far we are 20 drivers in with their bids so far.. we bid 10 drivers every day..do you think this is part of the Lean journey or just the way to save money? i think damages will go through the roof.

12 months ago the order went out to reduce the work force in anticipation of a soft economy and price increases. And by the end of the first quarter the freight gates opened and we were short handed all year. So this year we keep all our drivers and expand the flex board. Why? to be more FLEXIBLE. Everyone keeps their job and we go into the first of the year better prepared than last year

I think the company is anticipating lots of drivers leaving, hence the push to have dock workers to load. There will be more and more subservice which is what CC wants. He hates linehaul. Guys with 10 plus years pushed back onto flex? Our competitors will be fully staffed with awesome drivers in the near future.

I think the company is anticipating lots of drivers leaving, hence the push to have dock workers to load. There will be more and more subservice which is what CC wants. He hates linehaul. Guys with 10 plus years pushed back onto flex? Our competitors will be fully staffed with awesome drivers in the near future.

Why would I hate linehaul when ive spent the majority of my employment on linehaul?