Central Transport | 70 hr work weeks

had enough

pErSoN oF iNtErEsT
Credits
effective today, keylon is allowing 70 hr work weeks til the end of aug. prob due to the need of help on dock, heavy freight season, drivers leaving and vacations. be prepared to work the dock boys. :2437:

effective today, keylon is allowing 70 hr work weeks til the end of aug. prob due to the need of help on dock, heavy freight season, drivers leaving and vacations. be prepared to work the dock boys. :2437:
its about time that corporate started following the dot rules and not their own rules, of course that is going to make it very difficult to suspend anyone for going over in hours starting Sep 1st as long as they stay under 70 clock hours. And all summer better not make any dinner plans with family or girl/boyfriends except sat nights.

So using drivers at 18 to 23 an hour is better than 10 to 13 and no benefits paying a part time dock worker? Whatever!! I will work the dock, considering how routes are going, I see all being lowered to 40 to 45 road hours, it may be the only way to keep your income up.

18 to 23/hr.!! Looks like I'm getting a raise!! You have to do the job you are told to do anyway. BUT, like we were told--if they have freight to move, my azz will be in the driver's seat and not on the fork lift seat. Besides, the Indy term. has a driver development program for all dock workers with more than 1 yr. full time to sign up for truck driver training. Not enough drivers(dock workers) tonight, just switch places everybody.

I run linehaul out of chicago/bensenville and started to come in 2 hours earlier to work the dock last week. Things have gotten crazy on the dock here. Drivers have been getting out 1-2 hours after cut time and it sucks. they just can't seem to get caught up.

We are getting linehaul out on time, but they get held up for hours at the other end. It is hard to get P&D out by 930 when two or three line hauls pull in at 830 to 900

cleveland here, we're getting our early cuts out on time but we're doing horribly on anything getting out after 10 pm.

it's not that we were behind, maybe one truck a night (due to P&D issues) if the trucks got in on time, our night guys gets them out.

The way it was explained to me it is pretty much a forced dispatch. Like if you get back after 12 hours and they need you to do a switch you have to. If they need you and you have hours and you just punch out, it's considered an unexcused absence so to get a write up.

Yep, with an emphasis on your hours. This is going to be tricky, what if you have 2 hours to do a 90 minute switch, then other driver gets caught in traffic, now you could be 15 minutes away and hit 14 for the day,,,,, call in and say come get me then other driver blames you and your dispatcher hates you so you get wrote up, or, drive in then get wrote up for logbook violation,,,,, catch 22

the paperwork says if dispatch or the supervisor sends you out to the point of you going over hrs, they also get written up. but they won't be suspended a day like we will.