70 +

Riteway

TB Lurker
Credits
Question !! At that meeting this morning did they not say drivers are working over 70 hours ? That just can't be right .. Working a person , Road or Local it's just unsafe and unhealthy .. How can that be the drivers falt ? Another point why you people need a Union ?What's it going to take ? And no overtime !!! That's just **** !! Maybe if they had to pay overtime you people could start to be safer with hours ? 70 plus !!!! can this be true ?

Off duty time counts in 14 hr day but not toward 70....drivers paid for off duty time that why many getting paid for 70 plus hours....real problem for local drivers starts this week when most going on electronic logs.... dispatchers will have to be re-educated.. won't be able to have them pick up that one last pallet at end of day knowing drivers can fudge paper logs...drivers used to that 70+ pay check will see it end...

Once you log in you have to log off 14 hours later regardless of what's done in between. Local drivers are only alowed by law to log off a 1/2 an hour a day for the mandatory lunch breaks so in theory drivers can do 72 1/2 hours a week

The law states if you start at 0500 you must log out 1900 !
Even with you manatory dot 30 min break.
At the end of the day your total of drive and on duty hours will total 13.5 hours x 5 days = 67.5 hours !
That means if your stupid enough to come in on Saturday you can waste 2.5 hrs for the dumb-ss in the office!!!
Unless you were stupid enough to give into a 16 hour day.
That is how it works. Simple. Not a hard to learn. Work 5 days and no 16 hr ext and you should be legal!!

Most locals log more than 1 hour off duty per day...thats why they can work 8hrs on weekend...all that ends with electronic, you can't log off duty when creeping along in traffic jam...what a great industry where you have to work 70 plus to earn what you should make in 50-55 hrs per week.....and they wonder why no young people are entering trucking.

You can tell the 94 idiots who voted no!! We could of had a contract with time and half after 8 and those dumb_sses wouldn't have to work Saturday !!!

Theory ??? 70 hours is 70 hours ! By law YES ? You must work in the office what do you know a 70 hour work week ? 72.5 hours a week without overtime that's just not right .. Pull into a scale and tell them you are at 70 hours and see what they say ?

Yes there was a ruling that was the result of the first hearing. Out of the 18 contested votes it was ruled that 6 would be able to be opened. That ruling was appealed and now we are waiting on a ruling from appeals court in Washington DC. No money for raises but the company sure has enough for expensive legal representation! This all could have been avoided if the company would have not been underhanded and changed driver status on the 12 drivers whose votes cannot be counted just before the vote. Also all the drivers who were intimidated by the companies scare tactics or just plain stupid should be ashamed. Take a look at how the company that you stood up for really cares about you and your future! And before I receive responses about how I represent the Union I don't,I am a driver at NCT just like you.

My response wasn't directed at you I apologize it was an attempt to answer your question . You probably made the right choice by leaving. Good luck!

You can feel good about what you did !! you tried to make things better for the drivers ...:usa2: The ones that voted no are now sorry for voting that way. SEVEN YEARS and counting they say ...

Well it's ridiculous the amount of lies they throw out and I feel for the dedicated workers that basically get treated like they're nothing....

I guess Mr Jevic or now Mr. NCT is not going to be able to work both Sat and Sun anymore. Taking another EZ Pass and doing paper logs for DOT. He does close to a 100 hr week.