Estes | 700 mile turn

Barstow

TB Lurker
Credits
Can we do a 700 mile turn in a e truck with triples .......I Dont think we can but I heard of drivers doing it....

Last edited by a moderator:
700 miles divided by 11 hours drive, you average is 63.64 miles per hour. You would have to have all your miles in a state with 65 or higher speed limits and a truck that will maintain a speed of nearly 70 mph so you are able to average 63.64mph.

Not hard to average 63 mph with the door shut. Paper miles are normally more than actual miles driving. Turn Jacksonville Miami all the time. 714 paid miles. Hop on the pike at fort pierce and shave 30 miles. actual driving time. 10.45 minutes. Nothing illegal about that.

Mildew, I would'nt advertise you found a shorter way, next thing you know they will change the 'mile matrex' sheet they use. My employer has every run to within a mile or two of the actual distance.

They know what they are doing. They had trips shortened where drivers could turn it. Some drivers complained, then they were re routed the long way. Some like to shave miles going through the woods some don't. It's like 047 to 45. It's 306 miles the way I run it. 5 hours and 15 minutes. Paid miles are 356. It takes nearly 6 hours that way. Can't turn it. It used to be a turn that paid 308. After a few complained, it was changed to 356.

They know what they are doing. They had trips shortened where drivers could turn it. Some drivers complained, then they were re routed the long way. Some like to shave miles going through the woods some don't. It's like 047 to 45. It's 306 miles the way I run it. 5 hours and 15 minutes. Paid miles are 356. It takes nearly 6 hours that way. Can't turn it. It used to be a turn that paid 308. After a few complained, it was changed to 356.

So its a lay now? Sweet, I'm getting a large pizza delivered to the motel, gonna get stuffed, watch some TV and go to bed!

There's a certain amount of allowable time to get to a safe haven. My truck runs 68.5 and 65x11 = 715

Not hard to average 63 mph with the door shut. Paper miles are normally more than actual miles driving. Turn Jacksonville Miami all the time. 714 paid miles. Hop on the pike at fort pierce and shave 30 miles. actual driving time. 10.45 minutes. Nothing illegal about that.

What terminal do you work out of Mildew?