TForce | 700 new 53 footers

Also are we getting ready for a influx of freight in the future cause a source i was talking to said the Southeastern Freight Line situation might still be on the table. The owner wanted too much money as of right now.

Also are we getting ready for a influx of freight in the future cause a source i was talking to said the Southeastern Freight Line situation might still be on the table. The owner wanted too much money as of right now.
Are you talking about UPS buying southeastern. That's the first I've heard of it.

Good company to buy freight levels wise. Bad for drivers getting better work protection voted in. Too many good ole boys under boss's desk.

Yeah there was a rumor going around the summer and i ask a South Eastern city driver and a another driver ask someone in another city about this. They said there Tm's said something about it in one of there meetings on a Monday.

I also saw on the restroom wall that it is true ! That is exactly why we are getting 700 new 53 footers. Great peddle trailers.:hide:

Are you going to pull them with single or tandem tractors? The problem with 53's is that the bosses are going to tell the docks to fill them up and it doesn't take much to overload the single axle.

True---we blew out the rear in one of our single axle units by doing just that.

Yes, toilet paper is exactly right. The 53' trailers are to add more contractors while phasing out road drivers by the end of the current contract.This the future of UPS Freight. How can you not see that?
Although i dont work for upsf i have notuced a lot of ads on job listing sites for o/o's and small fleet owners to work for them. Ads actually state Ltl division terminal to terminal. Drop n hook

Although i dont work for upsf i have notuced a lot of ads on job listing sites for o/o's and small fleet owners to work for them. Ads actually state Ltl division terminal to terminal. Drop n hook
They are cheaper to use than our own drivers... Besides, drivers that sit home still pay dues. So it's a win, win, situation for the company and union.

Speaking as a Sefl driver, I would like upsf to buy us out. Too many kids in here as scm and supers. They killed our culture so we might as well go after the payout now

I think if UPS loads up the road system with o/o's they will have alot of problems.