Holland | 705 Contract proposals

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
710 is our dock and road. They are entertaining Utility.

705 proposal says nothing about utility.

Changing the "Jurisdiction" language to
"scope of the work".

New radius for " Scope of the work" in proposal is "150 miles minimum from downtown Chicago Post Office"

$ is $3.00 first year, 2nd thru fifth year open to negotiate. Basically 1 yr Contract.

Totally remove "Modified Work" (Workman's Comp).

Nine sick days, up from five, with the ability to "roll" days into the next year.

All OT "voluntary"

Boost vacations sooner

Employer to pay SAP costs, if on onetime lifetime. Alcohol included in "onetime lifetime"

Seniority yearly on all equipment

No interviews or interrogations without Agent or appointed steward. No more "another bargaining unit member"

Granting of leave for Parent/Teacher conferences that cannot be scheduled outside of working hours

Cannot be terminated for "Temporary loss of drivers license, if no work to perform get leave of absence without pay

Cannot be required to have to produce your license to anyone save company and obviously cops and if you refuse you cannot be punished

No discipline over "Swipe time cards"

Right to "Strike" over deadlocked grievances

Discipline "Five days" from occurrence to write you or cannot

All monetary grievances to be paid within 7 days or by the next pay day whichever comes first

Remove from "Cardinal",
Proven dishonesty,Carrying unauthorized passengers,Recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty, failure to report an accident of which the employee is aware, Unprovoked physical assault on a company supervisor while on duty or on company property

All tractors will be equipped with deck plates that span the frame between the fifth wheel and the cab
No discipline because of ANY electronic device

Paid lunch between the 3rd and the 5th at the discretion of the employee

All equipment, air cond will be in operable condition ALL year around

Unused vacation rolls over

Late rule up from 30 min to 60 mins

Change "Qualifications(Holiday) " In order to qualify for 8 hours of straight time pay for holidays not worked, an employee must work the regular work day which immediately precedes or follows the holiday unless the employer agrees to give an employee the extra time off

90%/10% Change to 95%/5%

Holidays, (ADDITIONAL) Martin Luther King Birthday, Veterans Day, New Years Eve Day

Funeral leave, Four days at 8 hours per day, include the day after funeral,3 days for, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law stepparents,aunts, uncles,nieces,nephews,grandchildren and grandparents. An employee who takes time off to attend the wake, funeral or memorial srevice for a family relative without pay shall not be subject to discipline for such absence.

And more

Getting tired here but you get the gist of it.

All that said we are going to have to
FIGHT TO GET IT.

ARE YOU READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM

Now thats a contract! I will have to print this out and show it to our stewards....thats some great stuff your going for. I would love to get some of that down here.:1036316054:

I like the way you guys think! At the very least it gives you a heck of a starting point for discussion and negotiation. I just wonder why the International didn't have the cojones to put forth something like that and negotiate with the corporation from there.
Good stuff and I hope you get most if not all of it!

HEY Unionist!

"scope of the work".

New radius for " Scope of the work" in proposal is "150 miles minimum from downtown Chicago Post Office"

$ is $3.00 first year, 2nd thru fifth year open to negotiate. Basically 1 yr Contract.

Nine sick days, up from five, with the ability to "roll" days into the next year.

All OT "voluntary"

Boost vacations sooner

Employer to pay SAP costs, if on onetime lifetime. Alcohol included in "onetime lifetime"

No interviews or interrogations without Agent or appointed steward. No more "another bargaining unit member"

Granting of leave for Parent/Teacher conferences that cannot be scheduled outside of working hours

Cannot be terminated for "Temporary loss of drivers license, if no work to perform get leave of absence without pay

Cannot be required to have to produce your license to anyone save company and obviously cops and if you refuse you cannot be punished

All monetary grievances to be paid within 7 days or by the next pay day whichever comes first

Remove from "Cardinal",
Proven dishonesty,Carrying unauthorized passengers,Recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty, failure to report an accident of which the employee is aware, Unprovoked physical assault on a company supervisor while on duty or on company property

All tractors will be equipped with deck plates that span the frame between the fifth wheel and the cab

Change "Qualifications(Holiday) " In order to qualify for 8 hours of straight time pay for holidays not worked, an employee must work the regular work day which immediately precedes or follows the holiday unless the employer agrees to give an employee the extra time off

90%/10% Change to 95%/5%

Holidays, (ADDITIONAL) Martin Luther King Birthday, Veterans Day, New Years Eve Day

Funeral leave, Four days at 8 hours per day, include the day after funeral,3 days for, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law stepparents,aunts, uncles,nieces,nephews,grandchildren and grandparents. An employee who takes time off to attend the wake, funeral or memorial srevice for a family relative without pay shall not be subject to discipline for such absence.

And more

FIGHT TO GET IT.

I AM

HEY, Unionist,I thought in an earlier post you said it was a done deal and had not heard of a strike potential.... what changed your mind? Or Was I Correct...:biglaugh: :smilie_132:

"scope of the work".

All OT "voluntary"

Boost vacations sooner

Remove from "Cardinal",

90%/10% Change to 95%/5%

And more

FIGHT TO GET IT.

I AM

Or as the old sayin goes "wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up first" :nutkick:

"scope of the work".

All OT "voluntary"

Boost vacations sooner

Remove from "Cardinal",

90%/10% Change to 95%/5%

And more

FIGHT TO GET IT.

I AM

But I do wish you the best, I really do! I have faith in Pat Flynn! He won't take it laying down, he's for the men!
:1036316054:

1st, You sound like you would rather bend over and ask THEM just what you can have.
And I see your other post is more toned down so thanks.
Boys, If' in ya donts ax ya aint never gonna get nuthin.
All those, were NOT everything just most of the good ones

2nd, I NEVER said anything was a done deal, you must be thinking about someone else!

3rd, Flynn, is the head of 710 in Chicago,
He has nothing to do with 705 per se, except he is an International Vice-President.

Our guy is Steve Posztowski, hope I spelled it right. Head negotiator is Mike Lass

"scope of the work".

All OT "voluntary"

Boost vacations sooner

Remove from "Cardinal",

90%/10% Change to 95%/5%

And more

FIGHT TO GET IT.

I AM

bendover.jpg

My humble apologizes oh great master Unionist. Your student acknowleges that some people may be out of the same local (not you, but my source of info) and not know of what they speak.I assumed that individual was informed but now I see differently.
Please be gentle with thine rod. :hysterical:

Hey!

1st, You sound like you would rather bend over and ask THEM just what you can have.
And I see your other post is more toned down so thanks.
Boys, If' in ya donts ax ya aint never gonna get nuthin.
All those, were NOT everything just most of the good ones

2nd, I NEVER said anything was a done deal, you must be thinking about someone else!

3rd, Flynn, is the head of 710 in Chicago,
He has nothing to do with 705 per se, except he is an International Vice-President.

Our guy is Steve Posztowski, hope I spelled it right. Head negotiator is Mike Lass

Why in the heck weren't they allowed to participate and help with the peon's (ours) contract???????
Kinda sux don't you think? Different contracts for different folks. One Company, One Union, 50 contracts. Where's Sr. when ya need him? :butt kiss:

Grasshopper

bendover.jpg

My humble apologizes oh great master Unionist. Your student acknowleges that some people may be out of the same local (not you, but my source of info) and not know of what they speak.I assumed that individual was informed but now I see differently.
Please be gentle with thine rod. :hysterical:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated

Things my Uncle Confucius used to say at the dinner table

Hoffa is not Spanish therefore he has no COJONES

I like the way you guys think! At the very least it gives you a heck of a starting point for discussion and negotiation. I just wonder why the International didn't have the cojones to put forth something like that and negotiate with the corporation from there.
Good stuff and I hope you get most if not all of it!

Hoffa does not give a s--t about anyone.
He gets his cut of your dues no matter what local you are in or how much $ you make. (Meaning how little!)

Are you aware that in the Internationals' Constitution & By-laws he (Hoffa) has named himself "President Emeritus for Life"

Check it out.

Don't remember being asked what I thought about that, how about you.

Lotta BALLS, sorry I did not mean that as if he had any the master wouldn't suck as it does.

After this NMFA, him and Johnson GOTTA GO.

I'm hoping Howdy Doody will run, can't screw it up any worse.

I'm sincerely decided that if Leadumb runs again something should happen.

Generalization,

Any Union leader that allows their segment of their industry i.e. Grocery Warehouses to allow outsiders, non-union as well as union men to do the work that is in their OWN facility thereby keeping the numbers in their local at the same level perpetually is no friend of Labor

This is how it is here in the Chicago area, Sysco,Marriott, US Foods etc.

Hey, got any idea who Master Po actually was?

The guy in the pic with Grasshopper is not Master Po

grasshopper.jpg

Master Po (left) and Kwai Chang Caine (right) in a flashback from the episode "Dark Angel", written by Herman Miller

The frequent use of flashbacks is used to recall specific lessons during Caine's training in the monastery while a child (Rad Pera) by his teachers, the blind Master Po (Keye Luke) and Master Kan (Philip Ahn). Part of the appeal of the series was undoubtedly the emphasis laid, via the flashbacks, on the mental and spiritual power that Caine had gained from his rigourous training. In these flashbacks, Master Po calls his young student "Grasshopper" in reference to their first meeting in which young Caine said that to be blind must be the worst affliction.

Kung Fu (TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

He was also known for his role of Master Po in the television series, Kung Fu.

Keye Luke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grasshopper

grasshopper.jpg

Master Po (left) and Kwai Chang Caine (right) in a flashback from the episode "Dark Angel", written by Herman Miller

The frequent use of flashbacks is used to recall specific lessons during Caine's training in the monastery while a child (Rad Pera) by his teachers, the blind Master Po (Keye Luke) and Master Kan (Philip Ahn). Part of the appeal of the series was undoubtedly the emphasis laid, via the flashbacks, on the mental and spiritual power that Caine had gained from his rigourous training. In these flashbacks, Master Po calls his young student "Grasshopper" in reference to their first meeting in which young Caine said that to be blind must be the worst affliction.

Kung Fu (TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

He was also known for his role of Master Po in the television series, Kung Fu.

Keye Luke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The monk in the picture is not Master Po it is Master Kan. Master Po was, yes Keye Luke, but Keye Luke was Charlie Chan's No 1 son among other things

The monk in the picture is not Master Po it is Master Kan. Master Po was, yes Keye Luke, but Keye Luke was Charlie Chan's No 1 son among other things

This isn't that big of a deal and we'll leave it up to everybody else to judge. How does everybody vote, are we right or is the "Unionist" right?.

We say that "Keye Luke", of Chinese heritage played both Master PO and Charlie Chan's No 1.

"Philip Ahn", of Korean heritage , played Master Kan

Here's my proof: Ahn's last major role was that of "Master Kan" in the television series Kung Fu. A life-long Presbyterian...

Philip Ahn - Celebrity information

Cast (Cast overview, first billed only)
David Carradine ... Caine
Barry Sullivan ... Dillon
Albert Salmi ... Raif
Wayne Maunder ... McKay
Benson Fong ... Han Fei
Richard Loo ... Master Sun
Keye Luke ... Master Po
Philip Ahn ... Master Kan

Kung Fu (1972) (TV)

Keye Luke:
48. "Kung Fu" .... Master Po (34 episodes, 1972-1975)

178. Charlie Chan on Broadway (1937) .... Lee Chan, #1 Son

Keye Luke

Click link below for: Picture of David Carradine and Keye Luke photo date:1973

Photos of Keye Luke

If thats not enough proof I can get more proof all day and all night. Its just a challenge to me now, lol. Master Po was the blind one with white eyes, Master Kan wasn't blind. The links below each statement takes you to different websites that show you who was who.

But it was Master Kan that held the pebble for Caine to snatch.

The last popular role Philip Ahn played was the wise Master Kan, leader of the Shaolin Temple in the ABC TV series, "Kung Fu." Ahn played the part of the monk who held the rock out for Kwai Chang Caine (David Carradine) to grab from his palm and graduate from the Shaolin training. "Grasshopper, as soon as you are able to grab the rock from my hand you may leave the temple. . . ." This is probably the line that is best remembered from this era of his career. Ahn teamed up with his old Asian acting pals Keye Luke and Richard Loo to bring Eastern philosophy and martial arts to television in the early 1970s. "Kung Fu" still gets some airtime on TV reruns these days.

Philip Ahn: Born in America (site includes a pic from Kung Fu)

Grasshopper

It is not the failure of others to appreciate your abilities that should trouble you, but rather your failure to appreciate theirs.

Confucius (c. 551 - c. 479 BC)

I submit​