Holland | 705 Hats

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, about time.

705 is finally after what, 3 or more years, giving out hats.

They are winter hats but I guess some hat is better than no hat. And, they are embroidered.

But wait, what's that I do not see/see

First off I do not see any UNION MADE BUG on it!

Then I see Steve P's name embroidered on it.

Hmm, EMBROIDERED HATS. WOW! they must have cost alot.

Now I have to say that it has been a long time since we were given hats by the Local.

So no one is complaining about finally getting hats.

My question is, WHO PAID for these EMBROIDERED HATS, with STEVE P'S name EMBROIDERED on them.

Did something change I am not aware of?

Has this TEAMSTER Local become "STEVE P'S" Local 705 or is it still "TEAMSTERS LOCAL 705 I.B.T."

And just who is this UNION, thats right, the MEMBERS are the UNION, not the leadership, the MEMBERS, the actual TEAMSTERS.

So the question is "Steve, if we the members paid for these hats from our General Fund Money, WHY the H**L is your name on them?"

Steve, if you want to CAMPAIGN for the next principals election at 705 that is fine.

JUST PAY FOR YOUR OWN CAMPAIGN HATS, or anything else and stop using our money as if it was your own.

In fact, if the membership has paid for these hats, maybe you should reimburse the Fund whatever money the hats cost.

ACTUALLY forget MAYBE, if we the membership paid for these hats you da*m well better reimburse our Fund for their cost.

And you better do it IMMEDIATELY!

Sounds like misappropriation of funds to me, what do you think?

Fiduciary fraud, also comes to mind.

What the H**l are you thinking?

So what is it Steve, did you pay for them or did WE pay for them?

I agree it should have nothing other than our logo and local number. I really hope he paid for these himself because if not, he needs to explain his name being on it and how he paid for them. My dues money should not go to support or re-elect a specific group in any way. (Blago's tollway sign comes to mind here)
Growing up I remember seeing most drivers wearing the trademark 705 hat with the double stripe on each side. Early in my driving job with Holland, they were supplied at no cost to the members each time the barn was visited, which was often! My steward, in my opinion the best steward I've ever seen, which should be a B.A., has to pull teeth to get us hats.