ABF | 710 dock votes down contract

shooter

ABF, SCH dock
Credits
The ballets were counted this mourning and the companys offer was rejected. The talk on the dock is that people are unhappy with the pay increase, saying the local doesn't need 5 dollars over the next 5 years for our healthcare and pension, that we should be getting more of that in our hourly wages.

The ballets were counted this mourning and the companys offer was rejected. The talk on the dock is that people are unhappy with the pay increase, saying the local doesn't need 5 dollars over the next 5 years for our healthcare and pension, that we should be getting more of that in our hourly wages.

no the union said they did'nt need 5 dollars over the next five years.
they said that they were wanting to give us an extra dollar and the company is the one that said no.

It is funny that the worst terminal in the entire unionized trucking industry is demanding the best pay. SCH or otherwise known as The Black Hole has been nothing but problems eversince ABF took it over from Carolina. ABF's first mistake was closing Springfield for SCH (The Black Hole). Their second mistake was not enforcing their own rules. You could call it anarchy dock. Then their mass affirmitive action quota hiring rather than hiring based on merit was probably their final mistake. A great number of the people there feel the company owes them a living. We even have husband and wife affirmative action hires where the wife stands there and watches her husband work her load for her because she wont do any lifting. And although she is at the bottom of seniority on her dayshift she demands the best forklift. But many of the people at SCH feel they should be making more than the rest of the dockman in the company and the rest of the industry, what a joke.

Pat Flynn was out on the dock a couple of weeks ago to try to tell us that the rest of the country has settled for what we rejected, and to introduce us to our new BA. I don't remember his name but he looks like wolf man jack. They went back to the table and we got a couple better little conviences like a 2 hour call off for our split vacation days and some 4-10s bids. No more money was put into it, not like any sane person thought there would be. Now it is up to us to vote it in or cut our own throats. Our ballets must be received by July 11.
On the cover letter of our last deal the last sentence says,
Your Rank and File Negotiating Comittee has unanimously recomended and endorsed this Agreement and strongly urge you to vote Yes Accept.
So hopefully more people will use their head when voting this time. Although I don't have much respect for the god damned imbesills I have to work around.
The best thing ABF could do no matter how this vote goes is to close SCH and just deal with 710 and 705 as little as the company can get by with.

Pat Flynn was out on the dock a couple of weeks ago to try to tell us that the rest of the country has settled for what we rejected, and to introduce us to our new BA. I don't remember his name but he looks like wolf man jack. They went back to the table and we got a couple better little conviences like a 2 hour call off for our split vacation days and some 4-10s bids. No more money was put into it, not like any sane person thought there would be. Now it is up to us to vote it in or cut our own throats. Our ballets must be received by July 11.
On the cover letter of our last deal the last sentence says,
Your Rank and File Negotiating Comittee has unanimously recomended and endorsed this Agreement and strongly urge you to vote Yes Accept.
So hopefully more people will use their head when voting this time. Although I don't have much respect for the god damned imbesills I have to work around.
The best thing ABF could do no matter how this vote goes is to close SCH and just deal with 710 and 705 as little as the company can get by with.

Last name sounds like coffee(ba)

Good luck!

Sweet Home Cheecago

Hey can any of you freight animals in Chicago
tell me what the top rate of pay for a city driver is?

PS, The BEARS suck!!!!!!

Sike, Just kidding calm down.