Yellow | 710 says no !!!!

What do you mean they didn't know what they were voting on. That's like trying to convince the public that Jeffrey Dalmer had a eating disorder

What do you mean they didn't know what they were voting on. That's like trying to convince the public that Jeffrey Dalmer had a eating disorder

Just by reading a half dozen posts from those at the scene. 710 had to believe they were voting on the whole package like
1. no pay cut at all
2. no pension cuts
3. surprise..it was all about the 5%
My guess is there was a communication prob. Schmid is at 309 as we speak to clarify. I say they are going to the polls again

TOO DAMNED FUNNY!!! ROFLMAO. Btw, this is the same tactic that Yellow used on Preston back in 1994. Only difference is that it's now SMID instead of SUGGS. Different salesman, same pitch, same ::shit::. Ladies and Gents, may I suggest that you get your re~sume's in order and strap in, this is going to be a bumpy ride and leave one hell of a mark!

no teamster in there right mind would take the 5% and run. Are you saying they knew of it being a vote on the 5%? Is it just me or what? Sometimes I just don't get it

no teamster in there right mind would take the 5% and run. Are you saying they knew of it being a vote on the 5%? Is it just me or what? Sometimes I just don't get it

All this is over the additional 5%, there is nothing that can be done with the pension as CS has already locked it. I talked to a couple of guys @ 309 last week when they called me in to run a trip. One of them told me that they were going to make a "Loud and Clear" statement, which they did. Like he related to me, they already gave 10%, begrudgingly and have not seen any improvements, business as usual or worse, so why finance their own demise? Couldn't agreed more with the point, this operation is real loose and sloppy, actually more so, since YRC seems to have "Carte Blanche" to do whatever it feels like. Like I stated in a different post, this is deja~vu 1994, Preston, just a different salesman (SMID vs SUGGS).

All this is over the additional 5%, there is nothing that can be done with the pension as CS has already locked it. I talked to a couple of guys @ 309 last week when they called me in to run a trip. One of them told me that they were going to make a "Loud and Clear" statement, which they did. Like he related to me, they already gave 10%, begrudgingly and have not seen any improvements, business as usual or worse, so why finance their own demise? Couldn't agreed more with the point, this operation is real loose and sloppy, actually more so, since YRC seems to have "Carte Blanche" to do whatever it feels like. Like I stated in a different post, this is deja~vu 1994, Preston, just a different salesman (SMID vs SUGGS).

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

smidt was sposed to speak to us, or at least I was led to believe.. so far I havent seen or heard form him. His visit is probably just a drive by of the complex on the way to the booby bars and lunch

smidt was sposed to speak to us, or at least I was led to believe.. so far I havent seen or heard form him. His visit is probably just a drive by of the complex on the way to the booby bars and lunch

Had to stop by 710 and pickup his "offering" compensation before his ontrage could make "Atlantis" just outside the front gate. I was told that these were the dancers on duty for the "SMID Experience"=

Had to stop by 710 and pickup his "offering" compensation before his ontrage could make "Atlantis" just outside the front gate. I was told that these were the dancers on duty for the "SMID Experience"=

yeah thats true. They had us cleaning the place up with toothbrushes and telling us to CROSSLOAD everything possible so the dock looked pretty. just the usual dog and pony show. I tell you if I were anyone big that wanted to see how that place TRULY looks I would pop in unannounced about 2 am just to get a look at the REAL 309 portopotty

How can you say they didnt know what the vote was about?
I don't even work there and i know it was another 5% and that's it.
has anyone even seen Mike S in Chicago? If so what did he have to say would really like to know.

How can you say they didnt know what the vote was about?
I don't even work there and i know it was another 5% and that's it.
has anyone even seen Mike S in Chicago? If so what did he have to say would really like to know.

well there you have it, it wasn't only about the 5% it was also about the health & welfare, and our pension. Thats what the union and the company wanted everyone to keep thinking!

So what did they want from the health & welfare, and pension?

Well they are only going to give the health & welfare 20 cents instead of $1.00 and they wanted to terminate the pension for 18 months which the union stated that the pension board will decide if they want yrc back in because they terminated YRC, but the board needs our yes in order to ratify, and make an addendum to our contract, without that addendum, we keep our $1,00 and our pension. according to the department of labor. This is why there is confusion and misleading, because the union is telling us its a done deal, which it isn't.

what did smid say to guys at 309?

I don't know what he said to the management, but I do know what I said to him on Friday. When I saw him walking from his car to the building, and I yelled a comment out to him. I know he didn't appreciate it to kindly. He kept asking what my name was. I replied to his question by using sign language at the time, when I was walking out to my car in the parking lot. Because everyone is asking me what I said to him to get him so mad? I was just showing him my brotherly love, Chicago Style.

Right now I'm getting scuttlebut of around the 16 of Nov for hearing and effective Dec 1. Don't have it in writing so don't quote me.