Holland | 72 hour strike notice sent to joliet termial mgr and co ?

They guys there say it is over seniority issues in the city....
We had to give them 72 hours two different times at my terminal. They promised to stop the abuse. They continued the same practice and violations, we filed hundreds of grievances. We won nearly all of them. They promised to stop the illegal practices, they continued the same violations, we filed more grievances, we won them also. They promised to stop the illegal practices. They continued the same violations, we filed more grievances, we won them also. They promised to stop the illegal practices. They continued the same violations, we filed more grievances, we won them also. They promised to stop the illegal practices..........

I hope that you get the picture. The Union has a lot of bark, but no teeth left.

We had to give them 72 hours two different times at my terminal. They promised to stop the abuse. They continued the same practice and violations, we filed hundreds of grievances. We won nearly all of them. They promised to stop the illegal practices, they continued the same violations, we filed more grievances, we won them also. They promised to stop the illegal practices. They continued the same violations, we filed more grievances, we won them also. They promised to stop the illegal practices. They continued the same violations, we filed more grievances, we won them also. They promised to stop the illegal practices..........

I hope that you get the picture. The Union has a lot of bark, but no teeth left.

Yup and it has gotten even worse now.

Union or not, the work we all do at Holland is a TEAM EFFORT! Everyone at Holland (yes, me too) has taken cuts in salary, vacation, and 401(k) in order to keep the company profitable. If Holland is profitable, we keep our jobs - - - get the picture?

At the terminal that I worked, there was only a small group of us that actually helped each other do hand freight or helped each other do anything for that matter. It was a group of guys who would cut each other's throat in a heart beat. Constantly ratting on each other and talking crap about each other, attempting to gain favoritism from the bosses. Dang, I sure miss that.:nono_h4h:

Union or not, the work we all do at Holland is a TEAM EFFORT! Everyone at Holland (yes, me too) has taken cuts in salary, vacation, and 401(k) in order to keep the company profitable. If Holland is profitable, we keep our jobs - - - get the picture?

What do the pay cuts,have to do with the 72 hr strike notice? We already live with the pay cuts.The strike issue is a whole different matter!

By the way how's that strike notice coming along,kinda like our grievance procedure?
isaac.smith.idiom.jpg

USF Holland Grievances Settled

Posted On: Jun 14, 2012

On Monday, June 11th, Local 179 Vice President (and USF Holland business agent) Chris Richter settled multiple grievances filed as a result of USF Holland violating the Agreement by working junior employees before employees with more seniority.

One of the grievances stemmed from a previously settled grievance in which three members were each to have received five hours of pay (again, due to USF Holland working employees out of seniority). The members were paid out incorrectly, resulting in a “penalty” for USF Holland. Each member was awarded 80-hours of pay.

The 72-hour strike notice sent on May 29th is still in effect and has not been rescinded. Local 179 officials are scheduled to meet with USF Holland later this month to discuss the violations which resulted in the strike notice being sent to the company.

Not everyone lost vacation, just those with three weeks or more. Where is the equal sacrafice?