XPO | 7spd lmao

brutus61

TB Lurker
Credits
we have guys here at our terminal that cant even drive a 7 spd let alone a splitter , when is cwx gonna do away with the straight stick , i dont really care as to i can drive and shift just about anything , what your opinions .:whistling:

:busted_blue: IMO i can drive a split but really dont care for it in the city running P/D but it will be nice for you night boys on the big road "COME ON"

i would like to see full automatics in the city truck especially for p/d but may be 10 speed for road trucks

well i wish they would go ahead spend the money and make all the trucks and trailers the same color!!! i seen just this morning proabbly half dozen conway sets with orange and brown striped trucks,CTS trailers on the lead and brand new blue trailers on the rear ( or vice versa) i seen a brand new blue truck pulling fema trailers( unmarked) we look like a bunch of circus wagons going up and down the highway.now tell me if you were a major manufacturer would want to send your freight with a company with mix matched colored trucks and trailers?? think about it it sends a message to the public that we do not have our act together.

huey29 said:
well i wish they would go ahead spend the money and make all the trucks and trailers the same color!!! i seen just this morning proabbly half dozen conway sets with orange and brown striped trucks,CTS trailers on the lead and brand new blue trailers on the rear ( or vice versa) i seen a brand new blue truck pulling fema trailers( unmarked) we look like a bunch of circus wagons going up and down the highway.now tell me if you were a major manufacturer would want to send your freight with a company with mix matched colored trucks and trailers?? think about it it sends a message to the public that we do not have our act together.
Hey Huey remember when the conway merged bac in the middle 90"s, you would have a brown and orange tractor, 1 blue trailer, 1 green trailer, a gray converter, a white wheel here or there and all mis-matched wheels and trailers? Now that really looked like a circus wagon going down the road....:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

The 7's, yuck. I have never been so unimpressed with a transmission before in my career. The 450 rpm split between gears is pure hell when pulling a loaded set when we are running 1850 rpm engines. I'd like to find the guy that thought this one out long and hard and kick him in the throat. The Rockwell 10's in the freightliner bunk trucks are a decent transmission, even in the city for P&D. Nice smooth and even shift and only a 300 rpm split between gears, much easier on all the equipment from front to back. The worst part about the 7's is that you have to reach to your ankle for the stick and punch the passenger side vent window out for 6th. The 7's are a pure shoulder destroyer when using them for P&D. Maybe we should go back to the old double stick 5&4. Would give you something more to do than drive and watch the road. :bananapowerslide:

yo.....

driving a 7 speed is like eating a bowl of crap.....

when you first start eccccch...

after 20 years, i prefer them as we are converting to 10 speeds @ YELLOW.....

mikeeeeeeee

ps; i learned how to drive on a quadruplex....