Holland | 8.29.2008 total 6 drivers layed off/Ch, WH, BV

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
Wednesday they refuse to negotiate in good faith, Thursday they ask us to get "Just one more", Friday they lay off 6 drivers.

And someone of them somewhere will be wondering Tuesday,

"What happened to moral"?

Reminds me of a Forrest Gump quote:

My momma always said,
"Life was like a box of chocolates.
You never know what you're gonna get."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday they refuse to negotiate in good faith, Thursday they ask us to get "Just one more", Friday they lay off 6 drivers.

My momma always said,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YRC's philosophy on labor is the worse you treat them, the more they do. I know I don't work that way. Holland had it right. Yellow will never learn.

YRC's philosophy on labor is the worse you treat them, the more they do. I know I don't work that way. Holland had it right. Yellow will never learn.
I think you give Yellow too much credit. Workers as individuals don't exist. It is just not a factor in anything they do. We are a resource to be managed like fuel or forklifts.
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.
We just gotta figure out how to be happy being Borg.

Seems as though the way to play the game with this company, is to just give them every thing they want. But, there is no end to the giving on our part, and the taking on their end.

I work at Yellow and am always treated well. when I came here 10years ago from a non union company I thought it would be like boot camp, but quite the other way around. I would call it a country club, same with the other terminals i've visited of yellow. My point being.....why do you feel Yellow treats employees so bad?

I work at Yellow and am always treated well. when I came here 10years ago from a non union company I thought it would be like boot camp, but quite the other way around. I would call it a country club, same with the other terminals i've visited of yellow. My point being.....why do you feel Yellow treats employees so bad?

I am glad your experience has been good. Most of our experiences have been bad since we were acquired. When most of us say Yellow we are talking about YRC. They have destroyed everything that was great about Holland.

Speaking for Reddaway, YRC has ruined this company as well. All the good management we had that made RETL what it was are gone, all substituted with Yellow/Roadway "yes" men. The morale of the workers is in the dumps...there is no pride in the job anymore because no matter how hard you work, Yellow just takes more away and expects even more out of you. Yellow has cut man power so drastically we can't service the customer like Reddaway used to do, so in turn some of our customers have left for the competition. So if anyone is getting treated well by the YRC company, I say consider yourself lucky. As for the USF employees, we don't see YRC as being all that. Alot of negative and very little positive. Keep up the good work Holland! :1036316054:

My momma always said,

What board had lay-offs? Road, or city? If road, then explain this to me. I am a laid off road driver. I was called last night by another one of our laid off drivers, and he informed me that they were needing road drivers in CH, BV, and RO. And they are taking transfers by letter of request. He is transfering to BV, and is to report on Tuesday, Sept. 2. Yet you say they just laid off more. That doesnt make sense to me. Please explain.!!:duh:

What board had lay-offs? Road, or city? If road, then explain this to me. I am a laid off road driver. I was called last night by another one of our laid off drivers, and he informed me that they were needing road drivers in CH, BV, and RO. And they are taking transfers by letter of request. He is transfering to BV, and is to report on Tuesday, Sept. 2. Yet you say they just laid off more. That doesnt make sense to me. Please explain.!!

City.....................................

On the flip side, here at JO the less the drivers do, the more they like you. Once your a deadbeat driver, they are happy as hell if you actually get empty (with your 4 or 5 deliveries, after leaving the yard early) & do a switch. But the guy that starts late, goes out with 10 stops, then is given 3 early closers, and maybe a couple of others is a deadbeat if he cant get it all done.:chairshot:

On the flip side, here at JO the less the drivers do, the more they like you. Once your a deadbeat driver, they are happy as hell if you actually get empty (with your 4 or 5 deliveries, after leaving the yard early) & do a switch. But the guy that starts late, goes out with 10 stops, then is given 3 early closers, and maybe a couple of others is a deadbeat if he cant get it all done.:chairshot:
We have the same thing here. It seems as though the more worthless you are, the better our mgt. treats you. My guess is that the worthless tell them everything that they want to hear so they won't mess with them. Our least productive get away with everything.:chairshot: Whatever, I just do my own thing.

I would like to know why there are several Road Drivers on layoff and several of our Brothers are working more than ever? I guess they have no clue what Brotherhood stands for.

You must be talking about your new Union Steward:butt kiss:

GBA:USA:

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck IT'S A D*MN DUCK!:hysterical::smilie_132::biglaugh: Don't take it too personally Benny, just a joke but could'nt let it go by.

ALL I CAN SAY HAYSEED IS............... Waddle, Waddle, Quack, Quack, you're a funny guy, lol. I asked for that one, funny stuff.