8 new d.c.'s. C.d.l. requirements.

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by jacks, Aug 18, 2017.

1. jacks

jacks Member

If these new d.c.'s are gaining dock bids and they are no longer end of lines, you should be able to bid in there with out a cdl. The t.o.m's at some of these terminals are requiring cdl only. If some places are and some are not this makes no sense.this seems to be grounds for a grievance filed to the c.o.ops. commitee.this change is being approved on aug.24,2017,and one other thing,what about 5 year retreat rights ?

falconfan likes this.
  2. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

I was told the issue will be decided at the change of operations committee meeting

albag likes this.
  3. dreambecamenightmare

dreambecamenightmare Active Member

I think being the terminals are being changed to D.C.'s in name only. Reason being to use p.t.s from the locations. Time will tell.

Havoc and SamHouston like this.
  4. SamHouston

SamHouston Member

Bingo!

5. Dock Holliday

Dock Holliday New Member

I dont see why not there hiring casuals with no cdl's and telling them there going to have a full time bid come october

6. jacks

jacks Member

anyone

7. jacks

jacks Member

Is there any one from the c.o.o. committee that knows which of the eight new d.c's require c.d.l.,people need to make up there minds if they can transfer.When will we find out ?

8. Dock Holliday

Dock Holliday New Member

Im on the dock in hagerstown and unless there lying to these boys thats what they have been telling them. I think the cdl deal is only end of the line terminology and once the change goes through we will be breakbulk where as you should no longer need a cdl on our dock thats the way i understand it.