TForce | $80.00 A Month For Union Dues

The days of striking is long gone.
knowledge,and intelegence not anger is used to settel everything now days.
days of striking lone gone,some people like to think the days of the union are gone,that they had there time an place. as for dues local 251 said he pays 3x rate,an i swear that the BA said 2 3/4 at our meeting,could change from local to local? As for strike breakers good luck finding someone at 15.05 per-hrs.(starting rate) like there contract states, better go down to the trucking schools

For the sake of squashing rumors.....

ARTICLE X, Sec 3 (iii) of the IBT Constitution set the rate for dues.....
In no event shall the amount of per capita tax paidon any member be greater than: (i) the sum of fivedollars ($5.00) plus the amount by which the member’s
dues has increased by application of the minimum dues formulas set forth in subsection (d) of this Section or (ii) twenty-two percent (22%) of the minimum dues calculated by multiplying two and one-half times (2.5) times the member’s hourly earnings rate, whichever is less.

I just want to add that a member in good standing.
Is that you are required to work at least the amount of hours concidered fultime to receive benefits.
You are also required to have your dues paid in full up to date.
And lastly this item may be optional.
You shouldn't be a big mouth trouble maker oppossing the views of your union leaders,and brother,and sister Teamsters.

Now this is the way it was back in the dark ages 22 years ago when I was a Teamster.
If I'm wrong I know some current Teamster member will correct me on these issues.
Do they provide absentee ballots?

For the sake of squashing rumors.....

ARTICLE X, Sec 3 (iii) of the IBT Constitution set the rate for dues.....
In no event shall the amount of per capita tax paidon any member be greater than: (i) the sum of fivedollars ($5.00) plus the amount by which the member’s
dues has increased by application of the minimum dues formulas set forth in subsection (d) of this Section or (ii) twenty-two percent (22%) of the minimum dues calculated by multiplying two and one-half times (2.5) times the member’s hourly earnings rate, whichever is less.

How is it my local 745 charges 100% dues to a road driver at 75%? They said they charge all freight members the same amount. Didn't seem right.

How is it my local 745 charges 100% dues to a road driver at 75%? They said they charge all freight members the same amount. Didn't seem right.

Us road drivers need a break because of the cheap hookers that take our money....You city fellars have more self control and can budget the higher dues amount....

See how Kennsaw Kid brought up the article in the NMFA contract to address this issue on this thread topic.
This is what a contract is for.
not leaving any issue to hearsay like we have all of our UPS Freight rules now.

Contracts are bargained,and agreed on by both partys,the company,and the union.
Whenever theres a question you refer to your contract to see what has been agreed on.
If there is an issue thats not right on.
Its going to be addressed by your union rep.'s and cleared up in short order.
not like what we have now.
If we have a question about some rule.
we go to our TM who can make it anything he,or she wants it to be.
Either way you listen to your authority figure,and do what they say,or pack up,and leave to work elsewhere.