80 is the new 60 when it comes to retirement

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Triplex, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Call it the new American nightmare: Running out of money in retirement is scaring the hell out of record numbers of older workers, forcing them to stay in the workforce.

Now 80 is the new 60 when it comes to retirement. Many older workers who finally clock out have sharply underestimated their financial needs in retirement, raising the specter of personal financial disaster.

80 is the new 60 when it comes to retirement | New York Post

2. roadboss

roadboss Well-Known Member

Your 401K dosen't cut it any more.Be thankful that we are the few who do have a pension.

3. Truckin4-a-livin

Truckin4-a-livin New Member

It's no secret that our pension is a joke. But don't take my word for it google it.

4. hairs2u

hairs2u Member

Well I guess this is why the union isn't worried about YRC paying into the pension plan. We will never live to see it anyway. HE HE!!!!:busted:

5. Lager

Lager Member

Google it? I have more than a few friends living pretty darn comfortable off of there Teamster Pension. Out of the West.

6. Homesick

Homesick Do I really exist if you've never seen me?

Don’t forget about the pension insurance. It is not much but when it comes to retirement every little bit helps.

7. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

Yeah! Just ask Gordon Sweeton. 49 year Teamster and can't/won't retire!

8. anotherdayanother85cents

anotherdayanother85cents Member

The only Teamster pension plan that is not in trouble is the western conference. Read solutionsnotbailouts.com
    central states is screwed, retires will be seeing cuts to their pensions, beware