Yellow | 89 days

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
till the contract runs out. lets keep this post on topic and post only official updates about the contract and any information thats 100% legit about proposals and other changes that may or may not come about in our new contract. happy new year

YRC has the lowest pay out of the national LTLs by a wide margin. My guess is that come May that will still be the case, too many YRC employees are just too comfortable and afraid of change.

Lots of people have made this claim (about pay) but no one that I'm aware of has done an apples to apples comparison. By that I mean actually comparing what YRC actually pays (salary plus benefit cost) per hour. Benefit costs which YRC actually pays out to the Union/Pension Fund (depending on area) are typically around $8 per hour. Exactly what are the benefit costs for the other non-union ltl companies so there can be a real comparison?

Lots of people have made this claim (about pay) but no one that I'm aware of has done an apples to apples comparison. By that I mean actually comparing what YRC actually pays (salary plus benefit cost) per hour. Benefit costs which YRC actually pays out to the Union/Pension Fund (depending on area) are typically around $8 per hour. Exactly what are the benefit costs for the other non-union ltl companies so there can be a real comparison?
This thread is not for management, now let me get back work for triple time what I’m worth.

Totally and completely wrong. In some New England areas, the company pays out $1992 for 200 hours worked for each Teamster. That comes to $9.96 per hour on top of salary. It's posted at terminals.
It doesn’t matter the cost per year is still under 4k and amounts to absolutely nothing for the employees.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter the cost per year is still under 2k and amounts to absolutely nothing for the employees.

Are you really as dumb as you appear? The company pays over $20,000 per year per per full time employee for Health and Welfare. That's real money paid to the Union/Pension Fund for health benefits and pension. That's a cost to the company in addition to the salary paid directly to the employee. Learn something before posting nonsense.

Are you really as dumb as you appear? The company pays over $20,000 per year per per full time employee for Health and Welfare. That's real money paid to the Union/Pension Fund for health benefits and pension. That's a cost to the company in addition to the salary paid directly to the employee. Learn something before posting nonsense.
My reply was a direct quote on pension fund contributions. It was totally accurate. Maybe you struggle with reading comprehension. As far as your BS insult- go pound sand. You seem to think you know it all. Your favorite thing seems to be arguing against anything that isn’t pro-company. Here genius, I’ll do the math for you. 40 hours of straight time equals just shy of 46k a year. Add the 24k for medical. Add the 4K for pension. That equals 74k per year in cost to the company. I don’t know what Fed-x pays per year in employee health and welfare. I do know they pay about $6 more per hour and pay OT after 40. I can tell you this- their employees aren’t paying $240 per week for their medical. Are you smart enough to understand all that?

My reply was a direct quote on pension fund contributions. It was totally accurate. Maybe you struggle with reading comprehension. As far as your BS insult- go pound sand. You seem to think you know it all. Your favorite thing seems to be arguing against anything that isn’t pro-company. Here genius, I’ll do the math for you. 40 hours of straight time equals just shy of 46k a year. Add the 24k for medical. Add the 4K for pension. That equals 74k per year in cost to the company. I don’t know what Fed-x pays per year in employee health and welfare. I do know they pay about $6 more per hour and pay OT after 40. I can tell you this- their employees aren’t paying $240 per week for their medical. Are you smart enough to understand all that?

Wow, let me do this step by step you can (hopefully) understand. Post #2 stated that YRC was the lowest paid national ltl carrier. I responded to that in post #5 stating that YRC pays approximately $8 per hour in benefits (Health and Welfare) over and above the salary paid directly to the employee. In post #9 I responded to post #7 where he stated that only $2 was being paid. Obviously both you and he have confused total Health and Welfare contributions with solely Pension level contributions. You both seem to need improvements in your reading comprehension skills. My posts have always referred to the total amount of money YRC pays out for each hour a Teamster works which goes to Health and Welfare - i.e., "benefits". You obviously refer to pension contributions which is not what I referred to. Get a grip and learn how to read, comprehend, and post accurately. As I have stated, YRC (in some New England areas anyway) pays over $20,000 per year per full time employee over and above salary, for "Benefits", i.e., Health and Welfare. And if you think posting accurate information makes me pro-company then you have a bigger problem IMHO.

Wow, let me do this step by step you can (hopefully) understand. Post #2 stated that YRC was the lowest paid national ltl carrier. I responded to that in post #5 stating that YRC pays approximately $8 per hour in benefits (Health and Welfare) over and above the salary paid directly to the employee. In post #9 I responded to post #7 where he stated that only $2 was being paid. Obviously both you and he have confused total Health and Welfare contributions with solely Pension level contributions. You both seem to need improvements in your reading comprehension skills. My posts have always referred to the total amount of money YRC pays out for each hour a Teamster works which goes to Health and Welfare - i.e., "benefits". You obviously refer to pension contributions which is not what I referred to. Get a grip and learn how to read, comprehend, and post accurately. As I have stated, YRC (in some New England areas anyway) pays over $20,000 per year per full time employee over and above salary, for "Benefits", i.e., Health and Welfare. And if you think posting accurate information makes me pro-company then you have a bigger problem IMHO.
Hey Dummy, I spelled it all out for you in my last post. I know what they pay in medical and pension. As I stated we are still behind Fed-X.

<snip>
I don’t know what Fed-x pays per year in employee health and welfare. I do know they pay about $6 more per hour and pay OT after 40. I can tell you this- their employees aren’t paying $240 per week for their medical. Are you smart enough to understand all that?

Hey Dummy, I spelled it all out for you in my last post. I know what they pay in medical and pension. As I stated we are still behind Fed-X.

Do you even realize how you contradicted yourself in your posts?

Do you even realize how you contradicted yourself in your posts?
“They” means YRC. And the only reason I said I didn’t know what Fed-X employees pay for medical is because their have friends that work there. I don’t recall what they pay a week in medical, but it was less than $100 a week for good family coverage. Again I’m surprised I have to spell it out for you. I mean you’re just so darn smart, why should I have to explain it to you? Now feel free to get the last word with one of your stupid smart ass comments.

“They” means YRC. And the only reason I said I didn’t know what Fed-X employees pay for medical is because their have friends that work there. I don’t recall what they pay a week in medical, but it was less than $100 a week for good family coverage. Again I’m surprised I have to spell it out for you. I mean you’re just so darn smart, why should I have to explain it to you? Now feel free to get the last word with one of your stupid smart ass comments.

Listen friend, your inability to express yourself clearly and without ambiguity does not require me to be a mind reader. There, is that smart-ass enough for you? Have a Happy New Year.