FedEx Freight | 9- or 10-axle, 129,000-pound combination with three 28-foot or 28.5-foot trailers.

well as one that regularly pulls trips at 105 with a twin screw , they go much over that in weight they better put way bigger motors and a lot more breaks on them.

RC always found he had much more braking ability with triples at 105K than with doubles at 80K.
Oh, and that was with a tractor with no engine ******er.

well as one that regularly pulls trips at 105 with a twin screw , they go much over that in weight they better put way bigger motors and a lot more breaks on them.

I agree totally that we will need larger motors to pull these, but why do you need to take more breaks when doing this. If it was me I would just want a larger motor and more brakes on the equipment. The truck will be doing all the pulling and maybe it will need more breaks to rest.

RC always found he had much more braking ability with triples at 105K than with doubles at 80K.
Oh, and that was with a tractor with no engine ******er.
I guess I don't agree with that, but to each there own, the engine brake we cant you use most of the year because of slick roads, but we will absolutely need bigger engines

Simple math, backed up by real life experience over a span of 22 years here
Doubles at 80K, two axle tractor. Each axle handles average of 16K lbs
Triples at 105500, two axle tractor. Each axle handles just over 15K lbs
9 axles at 129K, each axle handles 14K.
In actuality, the tractor doesn't do as much braking as the trailing equipment, so as you add more trailing axles, for the comparative incremental increase in gross weight, the increased braking ability greatly increases.
Just my $.02 garnered from my 35 years of trucking.

I guess I don't agree with that, but to each there own, the engine brake we cant you use most of the year because of slick roads, but we will absolutely need bigger engines

RC would wish for more gears.

Give RC a 5 and a 4, and RC would get 'er done and not have to worry about steering wheel holders using his truck.

I agree totally that we will need larger motors to pull these, but why do you need to take more breaks when doing this. If it was me I would just want a larger motor and more brakes on the equipment. The truck will be doing all the pulling and maybe it will need more breaks to rest.

That's just mean. RC only puts on the spelling and grammar police hat when someone is being a pontificating *******.

I pulled triples, Rockies, and double 48 foot trailers down the Kansas Turnpike, grossing up to 120,000 pounds. You don't need a bigger motor, but more gears would be great. I did it with a 12 liter Mack motor, and never had any difficulties. I did have a 13 speed though, that made it easier. But, from what I hear, the Volvo automatics are 12 speeds. ;)

Guardrail

Please leave the single axle, automatic internationals alone, the R 7k's are classics, I would like to pull 4 trailers with those. The 6 & 7k KW's with the mirrors and hoods vibrating off are a dream to drive.