ABF | 90% new hire not applicable to ABF

BIG STEVE

TB Regular
Credits
read it and weep guys
the new hire rate that is applicable to ABF is the 85% 3 yr progression
the 90% 1 year only applies to YRC companies
it is for any displaced employees in the current shakeup and beyond
also will apply to any YRC guys making lateral moves with the exception when they attempt to become green then they screwed like any new hires would

:chairshot::hide:

read it and weep guys
also will apply to any YRC guys making lateral moves with the exception when they attempt to become green then they screwed like any new hires would

Yeah? wow. didn't expect that!

no

No it does not. If you were a teamster and was in the master freight contract at one time it applies to any one .

read it and weep guys

No it does not. If you were a teamster and was in the master freight contract at one time it applies to any one .
I think you're incorrect on your statement brother. This is from the Teamsters website.

More importantly,
for the first time the union secured an “experienced rate” for
CDL-qualified employees who have prior driving experience with a
commonly- owned NMFA carrier. Those employees would have a
one-year progression at 90 percent of the top rate and take home
$14,000 more than under the progression in the current contract.

read it and weep guys

new news boys and girls

it seems the union sat down with abf and reached an understanding on the new hire language and abf will now honor the language that was stated to apply only to yrc
it seems now that if any experienced nmfa teamsters who meet the reqirements of the language wish to go to any nmfa signatory company then the hiring company will honor the 90% 1 year progression.

i guess the union did not want to see abf rewarded for holding and pulling out of negotiations.

new news boys and girls

it seems the union sat down with abf and reached an understanding on the new hire language and abf will now honor the language that was stated to apply only to yrc
it seems now that if any experienced nmfa teamsters who meet the reqirements of the language wish to go to any nmfa signatory company then the hiring company will honor the 90% 1 year progression.

i guess the union did not want to see abf rewarded for holding and pulling out of negotiations.

Steve where did you hear this I called our local and they dident hear anything any info. will help. We have 4 men this will affect.

my bussiness agent
sorry i couldn't answer sooner
he says as far as my local is concerned he interprets it as if any nmfa worker switches jobs he is entitled to the 90% 1 year progression

my bussiness agent
sorry i couldn't answer sooner
he says as far as my local is concerned he interprets it as if any nmfa worker switches jobs he is entitled to the 90% 1 year progression

At the meeting on sunday they said it only applies to YRC companies. I myself plan to file a grievance and hope the rest of the ABF terminals throughout the country will do the same to resolve this issue once and for all.

I think you're incorrect on your statement brother. This is from the Teamsters website.

More importantly,
for the first time the union secured an “experienced rate” for
CDL-qualified employees who have prior driving experience with a
commonly- owned NMFA carrier. Those employees would have a
one-year progression at 90 percent of the top rate and take home
$14,000 more than under the progression in the current contract.

Ride On The Money!!!!!
I meant to say Right On Brother!:biglaugh: