A 3 yr old passenger of a Semi was killed when the driver veered into a broke down Semi.

I can't bite my lip any longer on this tragedy. First: who takes a 3 yr. old in an 18 wheeler, son or not ? The Child has to be in a Child Safety Seat by Law. Second: then you add to your incompetence by falling asleep at the wheel and having a fatal wreck.
I'm very sorry for their loss of this Child, but, both Parents should be Charged and Fined.

My first trip with my Dad went from central Pennsylvania to Ft. Wayne Ind. in 1953 when I was FOUR years old. No car seat in a 1950 Brockway. The age has nothing to do with this incident, it is the driver. My Dad was very competent, professional, who took no chances. Many of todays younger drivers have no experience, no common sense or respect of the job they are doing. And by the way, I have taken my five year old grandson along on short runs with me, but he was in a car seat; not because it is a law but because it made sense to me to have him in it.

I have driven this highway several years ago & it is indeed remote with miles of open highway. The report said the accident is still under investigation. When driving mile after mile of open highway you should stop & walk around some to keep alert & keep your brain active. A professional should know how to stay alert.

Isn't it ironic that on a remote descilate Hwy. with nothing for miles at a time, you find one 18 in the shoulder, and that's the nano sec. You black out and you're drawn to it like a magnetic force field !
That's the equivalent of hitting the PowerBall Jackpot !
I always hope that many TB Members read these reports that Apostolic works so hard on reporting to us and learn from these tragedies