Yellow | a bad one

slinky

TB Regular
Credits
im from cleveland and just woke up and flipped on the news only to see that on the ohio turnpike about 10 miles west of your cleveland terminal a yellow truck heading east toward cleveland had smashed into the back of another truck..its real bad looking . life flight was there and the yellow truck is almost so compacted you could hardly recognize it.im praying for a miracle..im sure more news on this later

Accident

the keck said:
im from cleveland and just woke up and flipped on the news only to see that on the ohio turnpike about 10 miles west of your cleveland terminal a yellow truck heading east toward cleveland had smashed into the back of another truck..its real bad looking . life flight was there and the yellow truck is almost so compacted you could hardly recognize it.im praying for a miracle..im sure more news on this later
Hope I did this right .
2 Semis Crash On Ohio Turnpike
Driver Taken To Hospital By Helicopter

UPDATED: 6:49 pm EDT April 25, 2006

NORTH ROYALTON, Ohio -- A truck driver has been transported by helicopter after a crash on the Ohio Turnpike involving two commercial trucks.

The accident took place Tuesday afternoon in the eastbound lanes at mile marker 167.2, in North Royalton.

NewsChannel5 reported that the cab of a freight truck rear-ended another tractor-trailer. The impact was so powerful that the front wheels of the freight truck are up against the rear wheels of the front truck, the cab crumpled between the two.

The freight truck's driver was extricated from the cab and taken by helicopter to an area hospital. His injuries appear to be severe, but there is no official word on his condition.

Traffic was backed up for about 4 miles to just east of Interstate 71 after the accident while crews cleared the scene. The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the accident and what led up to it.
Copyright 2006 by NewsNet5. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

It is sad that these things happen,but in this buisness it does I hope the driver pulls through and my prayers will be with him tonight.

I called in earlier to slide, and was told it was a Detroit driver. Did'nt sound good. Seen it on 5pm news. That was an ugly one. Should of caught the 10 pm news.

Never looks good when you rearend another vehicle,but the way these school taught so called truckdrivers today operate,it is very easy to see how things like this happen,Anymore it seems that when they pass you that before you can reach the light switch to flash them over,they are already in front of you within five or ten feet,and anyone with an ounce of brain knows that this is not a good thing,but yet they do it and I ask WHY??? The only thing I can figuer is that they are not being taught the right way,and I for one am tired of the bullshit.

bufbill,

ive only been driving 5 years but man you hit that on the head.i feel the excact same way as you.get in front of me by a few truck lenghts before you come over especially when you are the only two within miles and they still want to get over as fast as they can..lol...b.s :wtflol:

Copyright 2006 by NewsNet5. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The keck, please don't copy and paste entire articles from other sources. The above paragraph was from the article you posted and as you can see, it is copyrighted material which could cause a lot of problems for us.
What you can do is post the first paragraph and then provide a link to the rest of the story. All you have to do to insert a link is click on the button i've got circled in this picture.

Thanks CFer

weblink.jpg

I'ts been a bad week for Yellow. I was in Cleveland last friday coming home and almost got stuck in a 3 hr. back-up on I-71 at the 158 m.m. because one of our trucks went off the road behind,or through, a guard rail and down into a creek with a hazmat load. I 'm out STL so I could find out who it was . I think it was either a CVE driver or A BUF driver. But I'm not sure. I do know it was any of the four or five STL driver that left CVE that morning. Three went to CGB and they sent me home and the other was still in bed whent it happened. Does anyone know if the driver of that accident is alright I heard it was a pretty nasty one.

Last I heard on the noon news on Wednesday, the driver was in critical condition. They said on the news it was lack of assured clear distance. Looks like truck #1 was stopped or going slow in road There are construction backups east of there about 10 miles. Don't think there is anything going on at the 167mm. Something dosen't sound right
about the unassured clear distance thing, but in the end it really dosen't matter.

Traveler said:
I'ts been a bad week for Yellow. I was in Cleveland last friday coming home and almost got stuck in a 3 hr. back-up on I-71 at the 158 m.m. because one of our trucks went off the road behind,or through, a guard rail and down into a creek with a hazmat load. I 'm out STL so I could find out who it was . I think it was either a CVE driver or A BUF driver. But I'm not sure. I do know it was any of the four or five STL driver that left CVE that morning. Three went to CGB and they sent me home and the other was still in bed whent it happened. Does anyone know if the driver of that accident is alright I heard it was a pretty nasty one.
I asked our safety man on wednesday and it was not a BUF driver.

Here's a link to some pictures of the tractor involved in that accident. When you go here, just click on the pictures, instead of putting in your email

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=198t794h.m2t2rox&x=0&y=-3fc1oi

The tractor did just what it was built to do. The engine and transmission dropped out instead of going back through the cab. The driver, from Detroit, had his seat belt on and as you can see, his air bag deployed. Rumor has it, he should be back to work in 8 weeks.

welllllllllllll,i am not surprised of some of the accidents that have happened.even the ones you dont see or hear about.down here in dallas we have a lot drivers that recieved letters for going over on their 70hrs.its a wonder we havent had many more accidents than we have had at least down here in dallas.it just seems the higher seniority guys on the extra board just dont know when to hang out at the house.they got to have just one more than one more after that and another.it almost seems like they run forever.it might be understandable if we all were getting paid like chicken haulers but as far as i know we are compensated quite well.I hope the drivers involved accidents that i read above are alright...richard in dallas

dont misunderstand me.i care about all my brothers and sisters.and the accidents above might have been just that, accidents.but i know some of the guys that are doing what they do down here in dallas and it is cause of their own indebtedness.i had to qualify what i wrote above .after reading it it made me look like a bad guy.with no care for anyone else.for those that read what i wrote before this and thought this and that.my apologies...sincerely richard in dallas....keep trucking.....when we get the freight

A friend of mine from Yellow sent me this picture. It is truely amazing that the driver was pulled out alive. From this view, the tractor almost disappears.
MVC-007S2.jpg