A bit of GOOD new...

Double D

TB Lurker
Credits
Yesterday my husband received full compensation for vacation and personal time!! Not only did they pay the earned 2weeks vacation so far this year (under the new revised vacation schedule) they paid him for the full 4 weeks plus the 40hrs of personal time...:funky:

W/C Claims

Has anyone on W/C recieved any money yet. My treatments have been authorized but no money as of yet and no unemp. because of W/C.:smilie_132:

I have been on short term disability since the end of March and I am still recieving short term disability from New Jersey. Were you considered a Detroit local, a J2 or a over the road driver?
I know that the workmen's comp is usually based out of New Jersey.....how long have you been out on W/C? It takes 4-6 weeks to actually recieve a check!
If you have any questions email me.
Thank god my wife got us on with her insurance and they are covering my preexisting conditions or I would have had to purchase a special insurance thru the state of Illinois at around $450 for just me.

short term disability is different from worker's compensation. I had been injured while driving for Jevic, was on worker's comp, then light duty with no further clearance, then BAM! Bankruptcy. I've been told there is no worker's comp cause it's an asset and frozen. If you check the creditor list you'll find Broadspire(claims management) is owed also. they are who handled the management of my claim. I believe we are going to have to fight for what's right.

w/c

Since the 8th of Feb. Was a Rd Driver, live in Mi. but ALL RD drivers were based in N.J. Was on lite duty; but told not to report after the 19th and no money yet from the w/c.

w/c

Broadspire was just processing the claims. Jevic w/c was thru AIG and you'll be getting a check shortly to bring you up to date; at least that's what my attorney told me today after he talked to Broadspire. Checks are cut Tues. & Weds. I was in the EXACT same position as you were.

Yes, Broadspire was just processing claims. My attorney told me yesterday, that all assets were frozen. I was severely injured while driving, coma, etc.. I worked as a local driver at J2. I pray you are correct in that Broadspire will begin to pay claims again. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. Thank you for any further information you have. Seems even the lawyers for Jevic aren't being paid. Did you view the list of their creditor to see if you name is on the list? My name is. Just viewed it today. I did not file anything so this must just be from records.

w/c

Where did you find the list of creditors you refer to? Also. W/C continues; even 9if assets frozen; comes from the state of n.j. then

We haven't seen any vacation or personal time money yet. FINALLY got the letter from UHC saying the insurance was cancelled so I can sign up for insurance thru my employer.

go to: chapter11.epiqsystems.com/JTI. This is the site to view the bankruptcy papers. There are over 390 pages. I forget the direct link, but the site can direct you. It's pretty easy

W/C from AIG.

W/C continues; CAN'T BE FROZEN! I'm on it also; and lawyer said checks were being released to bring all 14 of us up to date. Jevic wasn't self insured(thank God)but even if they were; their bond would have covered our W/C checks.

If you have any questions about workers compensation or short term disability, I will be more than happy to explain how they work. My number is 215-587-4697.

Teresa
215 587 4697
Philadelphia, PA