A/C Tractors with SEFL

Discussion in 'Southeastern Freight Lines' started by mikejones234, Aug 30, 2007.

1. mikejones234

mikejones234 Member

yes all the trucks except the non a/c have fm radios those trucks are almost extinct now. and i know all about the radio in the box, i used to work for saia years ago we called them milk trucks, we all had the radios in the box. its hard to believe what kind of difference that radio can make. I know some of my buddys that work for Holland had brand new tractors but were not equipped with radios, im sure those guys have the radio boxes too.

2. imported_daytripper

imported_daytripper Member

family

you guys allways talk about a family company . would youre family make you drive all day with out air

3. mikejones234

mikejones234 Member

good point and your answer is NOPE:1036316054:

4. Letmeknow

Letmeknow New Member

All new purchased trucks have a/c, the old hot boxes are being sold off as their expiration date comes due. Be grateful you never had to drive a Maxodyne.

5. bookerT87

bookerT87 New Member

I heard that they are about to get rid of all the old A and C units for new tractors with air

6. Letmeknow

Letmeknow New Member

At our service center we have 4 left, 1 is in the process of being sold and the other 3 are being run to add miles. City units have a life expectancy of 7 years 250,000 miles, if you get a none A/C tractor, run the hell out of it, so to retire it as soon as possible. NO NEW TRACTORS WILL BE PURCHASED WITHOUT A/C!

7. supahtrucka26

supahtrucka26 Member

hey i just got a new model freightliner assigned out of mobile al, it has 150,000 on it. My shop recharged the ac and refurbished my seat and i got a new cd player put in it, i feel like in driving in style, the only thing i want to do next is tint the windows lol...There is nothing better than having an assigned truck ...I used to make fun of the guys that had one and I saw them cleaning it out and stuff, now I know how it feels, it saves alot of time in the am and not having to lug a bag around is the best.!!+:clap:

8. mikejones234

mikejones234 Member

take care of that truck my friend, because its going to be in the fleet for at least 10 yrs. i had a new freighliner, i switched with a guy who had a road unit. I call those freightliner back breakers.

9. no1uno

no1uno New Member

the freightliners are great trucks, there is more room in them that any day cab line haul truck, with a good load on them they ride better than most IH line haul trucks, they turn on a dime, and they are a million times better than the old A trucks we had.

10. supahtrucka26

supahtrucka26 Member

11. Girn

Girn Member

I love the 2006 Mack that I am assigned to:sits higher than the new freight liners and with the 7 gear trans, I don't have to worry about missing that green light when you start from a dead stop, with the 10 gear freight liner pulling a medium load. I mean they have no power. Just as you hit the splitter the light turns yellow........

12. supahtrucka26

supahtrucka26 Member

I didn't know we had mack trucks here, where do you work?

13. Girn

Girn Member

I live in Florida, I know that Miami, ft. Lauder dale and west palm they have city day cabs from Mack, along with freight liners.

14. no1uno

no1uno New Member

they also have one or two in huntsville al, and a few in texas. also in texas they have single axle IH city trucks (no fairings).

15. mikejones234

mikejones234 Member

the few kenworths we have are nice, but there are only a few of them.

16. Girn

Girn Member

you have KW's what year are they???

17. no1uno

no1uno New Member

the kws are 2003 or 2004 i think. we only bought 25 of them and i know of 3 for sure that are out of service. they are getting on up in mileage (over 700 thousand)so it wont be long before we sell them.