ABF | A Conversation with a Customer

Why are you so concerned about our rotten contract????
Hopefully,...because all Union Brothers should be concerned with erosion of our industry conditions in all the companies. It seems that the American Trucking Association is more organized.....and successfully promoting their agenda,....than the Teamsters are.

Hopefully,...because all Union Brothers should be concerned with erosion of our industry conditions in all the companies. It seems that the American Trucking Association is more organized.....and successfully promoting their agenda,....than the Teamsters are.
I don't think we would be in this position if yrc dident vote yes 3 times....... Just my opinion ....

I don't think we would be in this position if yrc dident vote yes 3 times....... Just my opinion ....
No,I think you're right, Brother,...I just think that the whole process isn't clear how we arrived here. 5 years ago, there was a modicum of trust in the communications we all got from our IBT leadership. In the first YRC pay cut, and the subsequent MOUs, the IBT abused that trust,.....whether our top leadership was deluded by management or not, they should'nt have negotiated away pensions, and lied to employees about the true state of YRC's finances. Mr. Hoffa's two .....uhhh...."watchdogs" on YRC's board of Directors are a good case in point. They're still getting their $250,000 a month in spite of being called "unconscienable" by Mr. Hoffa. Right about now, the IBT doesn't dare to allow YRC employees to vote on anything,....because there's enough built-up rage over being lied to and frauded out of pension and pay......by our own "leadership"....that those guys would vote to close the company, burn the equipment, and bulldoze the property.....irregardless of what they're asked to vote on...

Yeah, erosion of market share to the non union carriers and a near economic collaped have nothing to do with it.
Also the financial strength of each company is VASTLY different. With out the relief granted to YRCW, YRCF certainly would have folded just like Hostess.

Yeah, erosion of market share to the non union carriers and a near economic collaped have nothing to do with it.
Also the financial strength of each company is VASTLY different. With out the relief granted to YRCW, YRCF certainly would have folded just like Hostess.
Nothing personal here right now, we're all in this together (sort of) but I have to agree with both you and GO40. YRC put themselves into dire straits and the IBT had to make a decision. Whether or not the really thought out their decision(s) and the resulting fallout will probably never be known. Historically any freight company that ran itself onto the rocks was left to die on the rocks in Darwinian fashion (survival of the fittest). That process weaned the weak and left the strong to thrive, and lately just survive. So...YRC has crashed their ship on the rocks and the IBT lowers to bar to help them survive. This is the same bar the we at ABF live by and ABF was not in this predicament. We were almost there in 1995-96 with the Carolina debacle and I doubt that you would have had to take a pay cut to help with our survival. We would have died as we should have. So, as I see it and as many others see it we have taken our pay cut because you folks at YRC took yours. I'll go one step farther and say that different people will handle this differently and we haven't even been hit with the economics of it yet, that will be coming our way soon enough. All that being said I would like to take a moment and applaud the ABF drivers who are suffering for the ills of YRC and not displaying it too openly. You will probably never know what it's like to take a cut for the sake of someone elses well being as we are at ABF, not that I wish it on you but one can never fully understand until it happens to them.
With that I'll end my canary-like harangue.

Any comments I make in this forum.Is in no way shape or form conjured up to instigate hatred.Ive seen the former CFO of ABF go from keeping the company in the black to becoming the President and CEO and artificially sticking a fork in the pig and making it look like its all in the red.How can that be you have to ask.Then during contract negotiations you have two corporate heads from two different companies in the same industry meet.Then talk about one corporation buying another out.Then the head honcho of ABF makes it be known that those two met after the fact.That my friends and brothers is collusion.In the corporate world that kind of behavior and conduct can land someone in jail.To further elaborate on the CFO turned President and CEO.Any other corporation that had that kind of loss because of a President and CEO action or inaction.Would land themselves out of a job

I believe yrc needed some relief, but not all that the union let them get away with....

I believe yrc needed some relief, but not all that the union let them get away with....
And they left way too many bases uncovered. YRC went out and lowered rates after concession, which were intended to save the company were granted.

The Bottom line is it's our fault the Rank & File. We voted it in. We the Rank & File haven't done a good enough job educating the others around us. Most of the Yes voters I believe didn't even know what the vote was about. They listened to the selling points by the company & union & were voting because they were told to vote yes. Many that I talk to didn't know half the points of the contract or supplement. We have to get out the word & educate the younger ones on the job & we must change the leadership of our union., We start by voting out the local leaders. They work for us not the other way around. Start the education campaign by educating the people in your local that the leadership is ineffective & paper lions for the international. UNION STRONG HOLDS NEW ENGLAND, NEW JERSEY, CARLISLE VOTED OVERWHELMING YES THAT WOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE
VOTE THEM OUT !!!!

here is my opinion on co-pays for insurance threat. it would never happen and the yes voters fell for it.. how many drivers are eligible to be carried on a spouses policy ? if the company started a a co-pay then they would have to let employees opt out of coverage if they could be covered on another policy. do you really think the IBT wants to lose that fund revenue from the company ? vacation ? even pain for all ? lets see, driver with 5 weeks loses 1 he now has 4, driver with 2 now has 1, new hire has none for two years, sounds even.IBT is going to monitor road work ? ok, we will see how that goes. why oh why would we lock ourselves into a 5 year deal under these terms. FEAR

This is just crap! The whole YRCW/F debacle was a complete farce. Perhaps, YRCW pulled the wool over the IBT eyelids also!
The "demise" of YRCW was planned from the beginning. Thousands of shares offered to employees through Fidelity in exchange for concessions which are now worthless after 2 reverse splits. A 2 year extension of the NMFA because YRCW was on the verge of "collapse."
In the past 3 months, the stock has gone from $7-33. Now, here we are with 2 years to go. What a coincidence!
Thank you YRCF Teamsters for allowing us to steal from your pay check and pay back almost 248 MILLION.
YRC buying back debt securities | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

My self being a YRC employee understood why the company needed 5% in the beginning.I truly feel that they(yrc) needed that concession.I voted no anyway.Then the second concession.I voted no and that last vote was pretty close to not passing at the time.Ill tell you why I voted no both times.Because you just had to been here to see all the waste and the mismanagement that was going on rampantly.No leadership at the top or so it seemed.Maybe that was the deal by Bill Zollars and crew.No organization at the top so the little Indians in lower management had no clue on what to do
Then this last contract vote with ABF.The nerve of the corporation and Ms.McReynolds to just discuss YRC buying out ABF during the negotiations.That is illegal and its called collusion.
Then ABF has a President and CEO that was a CFO with the company.While at the helm of being a CFO.The company was doing pretty well.Then she gets promoted to Prez and CEO and things seem to look abysmal and the operations looked like they were heading south.At any other company that Prez and CEO wouldve been fired for lack of success.What is wrong with this picture?Why hasn't anyone filed charges with an investigation on collusion?It happened right in your face,At my employer.There are a couple pieces up on the bulletin board about what Mr Welch's and YRCW's intentions were to acquire ABF.Another piece of evidence that shows blatant disregard of corporate law.Collusion

My self being a YRC employee understood why the company needed 5% in the beginning.I truly feel that they(yrc) needed that concession.I voted no anyway.Then the second concession.I voted no and that last vote was pretty close to not passing at the time.Ill tell you why I voted no both times.Because you just had to been here to see all the waste and the mismanagement that was going on rampantly.No leadership at the top or so it seemed.Maybe that was the deal by Bill Zollars and crew.No organization at the top so the little Indians in lower management had no clue on what to do
Then this last contract vote with ABF.The nerve of the corporation and Ms.McReynolds to just discuss YRC buying out ABF during the negotiations.That is illegal and its called collusion.
Then ABF has a President and CEO that was a CFO with the company.While at the helm of being a CFO.The company was doing pretty well.Then she gets promoted to Prez and CEO and things seem to look abysmal and the operations looked like they were heading south.At any other company that Prez and CEO wouldve been fired for lack of success.What is wrong with this picture?Why hasn't anyone filed charges with an investigation on collusion?It happened right in your face,At my employer.There are a couple pieces up on the bulletin board about what Mr Welch's and YRCW's intentions were to acquire ABF.Another piece of evidence that shows blatant disregard of corporate law.Collusion[/QUOTE ] A complaint has been filed go to old school teamsters look up thread sec whistleblower updated....

Thank you GO40.Im glad someone decided to take some action.Even a blind man can see what happened during the contract negotiations.I was just trying to help.I want all the unionized companies to survive.