A cool electric car @ the Consumers Electronics Show in Vegas

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I wonder how long before there will be a total electric Semi Tractor?
Maybe someday,Im pretty sure,probably not in my life time.
However here is a guy explaining this new electric car company.

if, and i say if the car actually will look like the prototype, the cost would be prohibitive for the ordinary family to buy.

best to design a car for the masses, instead of the privileged....

if, and i say if the car actually will look like the prototype, the cost would be prohibitive for the ordinary family to buy.
best to design a car for the masses, instead of the privileged....
You got the skinny on the price tag? Where'd you get that at? Electric cars are up and coming as are those powered by hydrogen. I saw a clip touting a new Chevy, think it's named "Bolt" that goes for something like 200 miles between charges, which is much needed and more like it. Major steps in solar efficiency and a roof mounted solar panel to help out a little during the day won't hurt either. Who knows, maybe even a collapsible solar array to give even more charging power while sitting at work. Hold on it's going to be a wild ride.

You got the skinny on the price tag? Where'd you get that at? Electric cars are up and coming as are those powered by hydrogen. I saw a clip touting a new Chevy, think it's named "Bolt" that goes for something like 200 miles between charges, which is much needed and more like it. Major steps in solar efficiency and a roof mounted solar panel to help out a little during the day won't hurt either. Who knows, maybe even a collapsible solar array to give even more charging power while sitting at work. Hold on it's going to be a wild ride.
look at the style of the car..how many family members can fit in there..???

i 'see" the price tag to be near $100,000

look at the style of the car..how many family members can fit in there..???
i 'see" the price tag to be near $100,000
I dunno, they say it's modular, which to me means that they can adapt it to various configurations. Whatever the price is one would have to 'cypher the cost of fueling it vs charging it up to really reach a price of ownership over the life of the vehicle.

it would have to be "mass produced" to become lower priced, as some models in the link i provided..
No doubt, look at the prices of other technical devices as they evolved. Cost of early plasma TV? $12,000, Early laptop computers far inferior to what we get today? $3,500.

I don't see how the average family can afford a Plain Jane at $30,000 but they're doing it.
i think it is called leasing.....more leasing going on than buying.

i can only imagine the lease payments on a car over $100,000

as it is now, some tv commercials for some BMW leases are at $595 per month

Kia came up with an electric Soul,however it was only sold in California when it was first available last year.
This year they are selling them in Georgia.
I asked the dealer we bought our Soul at when could we get one,he has no clue,he says they can't service them.
I wonder if theres an issue with charging in freezing temps.like we have here in upstate NY.
We plan on running our 2010 Soul till it is played out,unless we can get a Soul-EV,then will trade it in.

Kia came up with an electric Soul,however it was only sold in California when it was first available last year.
This year they are selling them in Georgia.
I asked the dealer we bought our Soul at when could we get one,he has no clue,he says they can't service them.
I wonder if theres an issue with charging in freezing temps.like we have here in upstate NY.
We plan on running our 2010 Soul till it is played out,unless we can get a Soul-EV,then will trade it in.
battery issues were a big problem for a while. i think Toyota has now a 10 year warranty on thier batteries, up from 8 years..??

an electric car can be a viable option, however, that car you linked us to, as i see it, it will not be massed produced at one plant, enough so to fill every order. i simply do not see it being a family car at this time, but rather a car that the rich can buy

right now, they hybrids are a better option in my opinion.

cars like the chevy volt upped thier cruising range a bit, but still not enough in my opinion to warrant such a purchase.

then comes the MUCH added cost(s) of having a charging station at the house. the cost of the station, THEN the over all cost of electricity one uses, i think will still not be a cost i'd want to absorb.

one can be a "tree hugger" with a hybrid just as easily.....