Central Transport | A Couple CT Questions

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
Just out of pure curiosity , what is the biggest main breakbulk in your system? door wise. Nashville? Also, I never see you guys pulling doubles anymore, only 53's. and also, when I did see some of the doubles, some of the dollys said CC Western on them???? What was that all about? guess I had 3 questions. 1/ biggest hub 2/ why no more pups 3/ CC Western?

I'm pretty sure St Louis is our biggest breakbulk. It splits freight for most of the US.

There are some areas the pull doubles, but not many. Its far easier to pull 53's. Less wasted time, and our 53's can be cubed out with more freight anyhow. Since we don't run many single axle tractors, weight distribution is less of a concern.

CC Midwest was Central Transport when they were owner ops several years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Largest bulk is Nashville. Currently operate out of two terminals. Break terminal is around 150 doors and currently expanding adding on nearly 100 more. St Louis is big, Dallas is big (201 doors), Detroit is big but is only a nex day break (over 200 doors)
Rialto, CA is a large bulk also

We are in the process of wedding out pup trailers. We want to be 100% Vans.
CC Weastern is old name of CT out west. Same owners, just different name.

Any vitran people have trouble getting there 401k ? I tried to transfer it and JP Morgan said there is an IRS hold on the money..WHAT GIVES?

I talked to JP Morgan rep, you don't have to transfer it if you don't want to and you can put it in an IRA also. That's two other options, i've left mine alone and its doing well