A Decsion Has Been Made

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So I got a call from the beer company that I applied to work for about 3-4 weeks ago. They wanted to know if I was still interested in the position as a driver helper and I thought about it a tad and decided that I would give it a shot. It really shouldn't be a problem, but I asked that I get my license first. My test is exactly 7 days from today, so far everyone in my class has been doing fine and getting through, so I should too.

I guess I'll give the beer company a try and see where it leads, if I can get some driving experience with them great, if things don't pan out that way I'll resign and find somewhere else to work.

So I got a call from the beer company that I applied to work for about 3-4 weeks ago. They wanted to know if I was still interested in the position as a driver helper and I thought about it a tad and decided that I would give it a shot. It really shouldn't be a problem, but I asked that I get my license first. My test is exactly 7 days from today, so far everyone in my class has been doing fine and getting through, so I should too.

I guess I'll give the beer company a try and see where it leads, if I can get some driving experience with them great, if things don't pan out that way I'll resign and find somewhere else to work.[/Q
Good Luck Mike !!! :shift:

YRC Freight has a big terminal in Copley, Ohio (Akron area) and they have an ad out for "Road Drivers", what is a Road Driver? Is that like a line haul driver from one terminal to the other? My dad used to be a line haul driver for a Roadway Package Service contractor, said it was the best truck driving job he ever had, no getting lost, going terminal to terminal. He always was a proponent of LTL line haul or working for a private fleet. He's not big on the Schneider or Werner's of the world.

I wouldn't go near YRC unless you like old equipment, giving back 15% of your wages and starting at 85% of scale with no pension. Oh, but your health care is paid for. I don't have anything against a union job, YRC has been circling the drain and can't seem to recover.

Guardrail

I know YRC from what I have read over the years has been in some straights and has been in some trouble, but and this is a loaded question, but why are they in such straights? Do they not have enough customers? I know Roadway at one time was a really big time top shelf outfit same with Yellow why did it all go south?

Yellow bought out Roadway and it seems to be to much. Congrats on your decision tho. I think that is the best way to go.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go near YRC unless you like old equipment, giving back 15% of your wages and starting at 85% of scale with no pension. Oh, but your health care is paid for. I don't have anything against a union job, YRC has been circling the drain and can't seem to recover.

Guardrail
:smiliewhs:
I know YRC from what I have read over the years has been in some straights and has been in some trouble, but and this is a loaded question, but why are they in such straights? Do they not have enough customers? I know Roadway at one time was a really big time top shelf outfit same with Yellow why did it all go south?
Yellow was smaller than Roadway but bought them anyway with borrowed money and the interest is killing them but that is not the only thing. For years Yellow bought other companies (Preston is the first one I know of) and sucked them dry then flushed them down the toilet. I don't think they're a well run company nor have they been for a long long time. Sort term, better than nothing is the rating I'd give them.

Oh, BTW, congrats on taking the beer job. As you have indicated you're not locked into it and can quit anytime if you don't like it.