A driver jacked up his truck to change a flat.

If that happened to me, I think the devil on my shoulder would of told me to put the jack away and act stupid.

Mabe he was a O/O, ya know they do it all, & all for about .90 a mi.!!!! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Whoever this driver was driving for he thought he was going to get the that-A-boy award for making his own repairs.
I can't even guess what he was thinking when he saw his rig flop over on its side.
The only word explanation I can think of is
(OOOOPPPSSSS????)

One of my city driver co-workers was stuck in the traffic jam behind this mishap.
He told me that it looked like the flat tire was on the outside rear axle on the flat bed trailer.

Now this co-worker came here about one year ago after selling his tractor.
He was an owner operator that says the high fuel cost made it impossible for him to make any money,so he gave up and joined on with the UPS Freight Elit Team.

Well he said he thought this guy lost it, and flipped.
He couldn't believe he jacked it up to cause the whole works to fall over?

Heres the real funny part of the story.
He asked me how high up did he jack,up the jack?

Well how the heck would I know that?
I just heard about it,then saw it on the news.
I was sharing this odd event with my co-workers.
HA,HA,HA,I've been a truck driver for double the years of any of my co-workers,but I'm not a mind reader!

Can you just imagine what he did after it tipped over, I know I would look from side to side and ask did anybody see that hahaha.

Ya know I changed alot of tires years ago when I first started driving. I think theres more to the story than what meets the eye.:shock: :shock:

it looks like the shoulder already had the truck on an angle and his jacking it just exceeded the limits

i feel sorry for the guy, wonder if he still works there

probably put a "rollover" on his DAC

I still wounder what his thoughts were when the jacking process seemed to be getting lighter as he jacked it up enough to get the wheel off.
He might of thought gee this might be a quick fix.
Then when he saw his whole rig slowly flop over I'm sure he must have had a puzzeled look of shock,at that point he may of either been yelling out a stream of profanities,or he may of just been speachless?

I knew a guy that was pulling a tanker loaded with hot tar.He pulled on the shoulder to take a wiz, felt something touch him on the shoulder stepped down a little more,kept on peeing something touched him again turned & looked what it was,then he saw his truck & all about a 45 degree angle,& then she laid on over.The funny thing of it all was when his boss showed up with the service truck took out a grease gun, went to grease the drive train of the now flipped over truck & the boss couldn't fire him B/C he laughing to hard.

a driver jacked up his truck to change a flat

hmmm thank god the place i am going to work for does the changes for me...cant see myself trying to change a tire on a truck .:duh: poor guy.