R&L | A. Duie Pyle latest carrier to purchase new equipment

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
So how long are you guys in Wilmington gonna continue to use the BS excuses about why your not buying new equipment? ADP is replacing all of their old trucks this year and next ,only keeping the trucks that were already relatively new. Lets go buy more used crap that was abused by 30 or more drivers before we get it. Or better yet pull some of that money out of you asses and buy some reliable equipment and stop beating up your drivers with the old crap thats still on the road.

i just dont understand the mentality to completelt stop buying any new equipment. i mean it just ISNT less expensive in the long run.
its these decisions that really makes you wonder/worry

they seen to not know when you by used trucksfrom other company that they sell for a reason it not that it a damm good truck they have trouble. i heard that they 300 stering from public food and we got 4or 5 that r putting in service and 4 freightliner and one of the freightliner engine blew up on a driver noww putting rebuild engine in it

IMHO, and I have said it before, I believe their stategy is to run the company as long as they can patching and duct taping the equipment together, thus just bringing in the cash, just piles and piles of cash, with no capital outlay...

And when it is no longer sustasinable to run the company anymore because of the completely worn out equipment and facilities, they will sell the equipment for scrap, and sell all the terminals for what they can get out of them...

There is no longer any investment what so ever in anything I see, except for some used trailers.. I see daily, them sending us out on routes with trailers that have holes in the floors, and the newest form of repair to the trailers, is using silicone to patch the cracks, and trying to hold the boards together.

The dock guys loaded a trailer the other morning that had been put out of service for this very reason, a hole big enough in the floor for you to fall through, and the driver said hell no, and made them unload the freight on another trailer.

As I have said before, you better have an exit strategy, I personally don't thing R&L will be around in 5 years..

I am tired about ranting and raving about this company, I accept this this place for what it has become, it is just a job, (and not a very good one anymore, it used to be the best) and I am just an employee...I work for my paycheck, I do the best I can everyday, but if they put me out in a junk truck and trailer, loaded by dock personel that don't give a damn about how the trailer is loaded, or how out of sequence, and R&L don't care about how many times I have to be put on hold listening about our world class customer service, while I am calling yet more damaged or short freight then I don't care either...

IT IS WHAT IT IS, and believe me, I used to want to work here till I retired, but not anymore, I am going to give them their wish, and let them replace me with a COMBO driver soon, cause like I said EXIT STRATEGY EXIT STRATEGY,EXIT STRATEGY!!!!...
i just dont understand the mentality to completelt stop buying any new equipment. i mean it just ISNT less expensive in the long run.
its these decisions that really makes you wonder/worry

Rolling down the road in a worn out junker 97 sterling/aeromax pulling a 15 yr old ex-crete trailer they just bought really makes you wonder what are they thinking????

how many of you guys have bought a new car for your wifes just because she said it is old and rides rough. the company spends a ton of money repairing damaged units that drivers say they did not do or the dock workers did not do. so if we stopped the damages maybe we would get new trucks and trailers if I owned the company I would not buy new due to the damages being done to the units. so now all you haters can tell me I'm management and am looking out for the company. and how you guys all get mistreated your check is good every week unlike some companies.

how many of you guys have bought a new car for your wifes just because she said it is old and rides rough. the company spends a ton of money repairing damaged units that drivers say they did not do or the dock workers did not do. so if we stopped the damages maybe we would get new trucks and trailers if I owned the company I would not buy new due to the damages being done to the units. so now all you haters can tell me I'm management and am looking out for the company. and how you guys all get mistreated your check is good every week unlike some companies.

stop it.
haters? whatever man

You need to remember that prior to the Combo driver mess the damages were practically none existent. Nothing personal to the combo drivers that are good but the majority of them have wrecked the equipment here.That being said,an old truck is going to be easier for the bad drivers to break.

I find it interesting that a driver can wreck one of the 96-97 trucks that R&L owns,(and they own a lot of them) a truck that has a million miles or more on it, a truck they couldn't sell for at auction for $5000.00 dollars in perfect condition, they will take that wrecked truck, and put $25000.00 dollars in it, to repair it, and keep it on the road.

A truck that is completely worn out!!! Oh well, as long as our checks don't bounce!!! Our newest truck is 12 years old. LOL

i just wish our drivers would get the equip we have fixed dot legal before they take it out on the road, abs is a major problem about 1 out of 4 trls has a problem, i dont think 1/2 our drivers know what that light is supposed to do. the other 1/2 pulls them midnight to 6am and dont care because they never get inspected. abs is r&l #3 rightup on there 2010 report, behind seatbelt and speed. i spend 2 to 3 nights a week in the shop getting abs fixed an the mec's laugh that i'm the only one bringing them in, half of them have the wires cut because somebody didn't want to get them fixed and didn't want the light burning. this doesnt say much for professional drivers doing a quailty pretrip!

What is that light supposed to do??? Not joking, I really dont know. And what is the statute number about ABS being a MCSR violation. Never heard that one.

What is that light supposed to do??? Not joking, I really dont know. And what is the statute number about ABS being a MCSR violation. Never heard that one.

If it is on the truck, it is probably a violation if it is broke. True for pretty much every little piece of the tractor and trailer. If it isn't a federal violation it will likely be a state or local. And if it isn't either of those, and the inspector thinks it should be, you'll just get one for general inspection and maintenance of equipment.

Any chance we could get that in English? ROFLMAO
I would say refer back to this post
If it is on the truck, it is probably a violation if it is broke. True for pretty much every little piece of the tractor and trailer. If it isn't a federal violation it will likely be a state or local. And if it isn't either of those, and the inspector thinks it should be, you'll just get one for general inspection and maintenance of equipment.