ODFL | A few questions about ODFL.

Impala

TB Lurker
Credits
Been thinking about applying at the Richmond, VA terminal. How long do they keep you out? Weekends off? How many miles/hours can you get in a week? I've been long haul for the past 7 years and need more home time. Thanks in advance.

Been thinking about applying at the Richmond, VA terminal. How long do they keep you out? Weekends off? How many miles/hours can you get in a week? I've been long haul for the past 7 years and need more home time. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the ODFL forum Impala.I know the t/m in RIC and he is a good man once you get to know him.I'm sure one the drivers that come on here can answer your questions better than I can.So hang around or check back later.

man i talked to some wild drivers and they like it at a terminal like richmond u could be home everyother day if u like home time if u like money u could be home every 4 or 5 days up to u man

Thanks all for the replies so far and keep em coming. Man am I ever glad I checked here, because last I heard Estes was a good company to work for and they seemed interested in me, but haven't heard much good about them in the forums:nutkick: . Also heard good of ODFL and it seems that is still the case.

I don't know about RIC but ODFL in general is pretty good. Like any other company tho read as much info as you can like the fact that after 30 days you get paid hollidays but if you leave before being here a year they take it all back. The insurance is ok but if you have a problem it can be time consuming because of paperwork. The equipment is pretty well taken care of but they don't have asigned trucks so you never know who's been driving the unit you get in. The trucks have no AM/FM so you have to either get a slip seater box or figure out another way. Most of us have XM or Sirius. The money is good and the drivers have always seemed to be friendly and easy to get along with. Good luck.

I don't know about RIC but ODFL in general is pretty good. Like any other company tho read as much info as you can like the fact that after 30 days you get paid hollidays but if you leave before being here a year they take it all back. The insurance is ok but if you have a problem it can be time consuming because of paperwork. The equipment is pretty well taken care of but they don't have asigned trucks so you never know who's been driving the unit you get in. The trucks have no AM/FM so you have to either get a slip seater box or figure out another way. Most of us have XM or Sirius. The money is good and the drivers have always seemed to be friendly and easy to get along with. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum CorranHorn.I've never heard of the recoup on paid holidays.I've seen it done when a man took early vacation then quit,but then again I've lived most of my life in a cave anyway.Welcome to truckingboards.

Thanks all for the replies so far and keep em coming. Man am I ever glad I checked here, because last I heard Estes was a good company to work for and they seemed interested in me, but haven't heard much good about them in the forums:nutkick: . Also heard good of ODFL and it seems that is still the case.

i dont like raggin on other companys but man i dont know whats goin on at estes driver told me they layed off a bunch of vets for some new young bucks and then a new customer i get tells me that im deliverin there freight because estes always damages the freight and dont wanna pay claims. only good thing i heard is that they used to be a good company.

if you hit the wild board most drivers work it where there home on the weekend you only have to stay out 5 or 6 days a few of us will stay out longer sometimes up to three weeks i like to do that sometimes because you get more time off when you get home as for milage depend on what area your in that week most drivers generally get 2400 to 3500 miles a week depends on where you work that week:1036316054:

Thanks Jim Bob. In my handbook on page 115 under paid holidays benefit #7 says after 30 days you get paid for them but if for any reason you're gone within a year they take it all back out of your last paycheck. Just thought I would pass that on.

Hey, Richmond is a good terminal...I know the TM there and once you get to know him he is ok....he used to dispatch in central and I never really had a problem with him at all, and if you want to really get on his good side, he loves to play golf....so you can talk shop to him...good luck...OD is a great company to work for , and I think you will like it here too....

anybody know if odfl hires h/w teams and what the starting pay is?

O.D. has or has had mother and son,father and daughter,husband and wife,uncle and nephew,father and son,husband and ex husband,sister teams,sisters in law,cousin and cousin teams.All in all they have some of the best teams in the freight business.Good,safe,dependable teams.As for starting pay that's past my education,one of the drivers can fill you in.

Yes, they hired husband /wife teams quite abit and I'm not sure what the starting pay is, but top pay at the current time is 54.4 per mile, new raises come in September 1st. For some reason I think..I am not sure but I think it is 47,48 with experience..you can called them and see...they pay by GPS miles and they are pretty dang on the nail..sometimes 1or 2 more, sometimes 1 or 2 short..but most of the time its the truck off not the miles if you go by there route guide which you are suppose to do..hope this helps you...good luck..

Ok, I'm back after some lies and statements to this website stated by HillbillyFrog that gave me a 24 hours ban, so I'm back and I can only say I hope HillbillyFrog does not lie and make falsestatements on you guys...I hate liars...two face people like that...