A few questions Re:The Indiana crash

NEMF 007

TB Lurker
Credits
I work at the terminal that employed the driver who killed those 8 people.

He has a brother who is currently one of our dock workers..... rumor has it that this guy is looking to get his job back due to the fact that he will not be prosecuted for the 8 deaths.
A lot of people are thinking he is getting off scott free without even a traffic ticket or a blemmish on his driving record....this just can't be true!

Please feel free to answer or comment on any or all of the following questions.

1. Do you think NEMF would or should hire this guy back?

2. Do you think he will even be able to keep his CDL after what he did? This has to show up on his records somewhere.

3.Do you think that plugging in a cell phone is a believable excuse for the crash? or maybe it's that he really fell asleep but it can't be proven? he had a 1/2 mile straightaway from when the brake lights of the slowed traffic should have been visible & 30 seconds of time to react.

4.This one might be way out there.....BUT
do you think there might be some racial considerations in play here due to the fact that both the Prosecutor & the driver are african american??

He has a brother who is currently one of our dock workers..... rumor has it that this guy is looking to get his job back due to the fact that he will not be prosecuted for the 8 deaths.
A lot of people are thinking he is getting off scott free without even a traffic ticket or a blemmish on his driving record....this just can't be true!

2. Do you think he will even be able to keep his CDL after what he did? This has to show up on his records somewhere.

3.Do you think that plugging in a cell phone is a believable excuse for the crash? or maybe it's that he really fell asleep but it can't be proven? he had a 1/2 mile straightaway from when the brake lights of the slowed traffic should have been visible & 30 seconds of time to react.

do you think there might be some racial considerations in play here due to the fact that both the Prosecutor & the driver are african american??

1. No hes's a liablity. He may have not done anyhting criminal in the accident but you can bet New England get there asss es suited off. A accident like this could crush a small company like NEMF

2. Yes according to procestucters he did nothing criminal. He did not break the law or violate and motor carrier regulation.

3. There is no excuse for inattentive driving.

4. The race issue should have never been mentioned. Are you assuming he got off becasue he's a brother? He wasn't procecuted becasue he didn't commit a criminal act.

8 people dead over a cell phone. If I was an HR person I would blow my nose in his appeal and send it back. Guys like him give drivers a bad rap.

He should be thrown out the dooe no matter what color he is!Theres no exuse what so ever.

i totally agree. i simply do NOT buy the excuse he was plugging in or looking for the cell phone plug or whatever. he HAD PLENTY of time to react to the upcoming stoppage. he failed, and failed miserably. if he has been fired then good riddance, they don't need him. whenever he goes for another job, he has to put down "yes" to any accidents. he then has to put down "yes" to "any fatalities".

he pretty much is doomed from this day on. in the NEMF rule book it DID state that if you rear-ended someone YOU WERE FIRED........ now, if he's not a union member yet, he hasn't got a leg to stand on. if he was a union member then the union (in this case), ought to back up the company's firing of him. i never did like the union, but in this instance, it ought to do the right thing and recommend he never go back to nemf.

i simply can not believe the prosecuter's office for not charging him, unless by doing so, the prosecuter's office made some sort of "deal" with the families, to open up the floodgates for more high dollar lawsuits.

it seems to me that he should no longer have a license of any kind. i would not want him driving near me or my family, simply due to fact that he has proven that he would rather plug in a cell phone than pay attention to his surroundings.

it seems to me that he should no longer have a license of any kind. i would not want him driving near me or my family, simply due to fact that he has proven that he would rather plug in a cell phone than pay attention to his surroundings.

to this i agree as well (no license), however since no charges were or are pending anymore, he gets to keep it, at least till his next "unchargable killing event".............

as much as i hate to say it, i can only imagine that there will be several civil cases filed over this accident and i don't disagree with the families doing so.

No Criminal Charges in Fatal Truck Accident - Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyer

The personal injury lawyers are sniffin' around...

But really fella's, Isn't it bad karma to continue to beat this guy up?

He has to live this this one down for the rest of his life.

Aren't we all a lucky break from being in his shoes?

The road is a dangerous place, becoming worse every year.

Say a prayer for the family's involved, keep this in mind every night when driving and please remember - tough guy attitudes aside, it could have been any of us......

How does any government branch not find
this guy negligent? He didn't even attempt
to brake. I find it very disturbing that such a
driver is still able to drive among us. I would have bet he would have recieved ten years+.
This guy found a great lawer.

He didn't have an attorney, was just sitting at home waiting to be charged.

he had better hope he finds himself a good defense lawyer, he's gonna need one and real soon too. nemf will NOT defend him in any civil suits.............

he ought to just go up to the judge and say, "i'm done driving your honor".......:smilie_132:

But really fella's, Isn't it bad karma to continue to beat this guy up?
no, he deserves it. its no excuse. he killed people, remember that. this accident makes all drivers look bad. it wasn't a simple fender-bender. this accident gives fodder to the self-rightous groups to clamp down on the industry even more now.

Say a prayer for the family's involved, keep this in mind every night when driving and please remember - tough guy attitudes aside, it could have been any of us......
at least here, i agree, about the prayers....

I'd appreciate if you didn't steal my icon! Thanks!