A few towns near Buffalo,NY.are going to take cars away from drunk drivers.

but that is the problem, repeat offenders.

here, a gal did some time for being drugged out, and slamming into a young biker, killing him. she is NOT supposed to be doing drugs. well she was found to be using them, and back to jail.

whether it be drugs or booze, driving impaired is driving impaired.

these jerks just don't get it.

i always was for mandatory FULL jail time, not out for good behavior or "time served".

i think taking away either some of thier assets such as cars, motorbikes, jet skis, homes, whatever should be done.

we need to HURT THEM.

i do not buy into the "oh they have a problem" BS..

there is so much help out there, and the courts SEND THEM for help, at our costs again!!!

enough is enough, our cities, towns, states MUST recoup some of the costs.

Not the first offenders,second or more.
I think its a good idea,however I wanted to see other opinions.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/repe...s-in-op-cheektowaga-and-west-seneca/311172622
The question that I have on this one is...can they do that? I was under the impression that motor vehicle laws were written and maintained by the state and enforced by state and local officers. :shrug:

It is a good idea though and in Alaska they take the car on the first round and taxis line up at the popular bars like they were at a train station.

The question that I have on this one is...can they do that? I was under the impression that motor vehicle laws were written and maintained by the state and enforced by state and local officers. :shrug:

It is a good idea though and in Alaska they take the car on the first round and taxis line up at the popular bars like they were at a train station.
only a guess here, but the vehicles are registered for the roads, taxed by the cities and towns, and fuel taxes paid at the pumps..and in many areas, an inspection sticker, approved by a state or contractor is affixed to the windshield. maybe there is a way this can be done, since many state or city/towns collect monies and since it has already started up there.

i think maybe in all states(??) there is a drug forfeiture law that they can seize a vehicle or home of drug dealers/sellers?

maybe set up this way as well..????

one more thing, nearly every city, town, village, etc,etc, receives state monies or federal monies for many things, this could make it a much legal situation as well.>???

Impounding a convicted Drunk Driver Offender vehicle is nothing new. Selling it is nothing new.
Drug dealers have had their vehicles impounded and sold for decades, coast to coast, so it is justifiable to sell convicted Drunk Drivers' vehicles too and not after the second conviction, THE FIRST!!
STOP THE CODDLING!!