A Force In NHRA, Just An Old Truck Driver

Hookman

Just passing thru on my way home
PREMIUM
Credits
Many of you drag racing fans might recognize this young fella's face if you look at it long enough. John Force the NHRA winningest drag race driver still calls himself an old truck driver who drove for Garrett Freight Lines out of the Los Angeles terminal on Bandini Blvd. Now not only can that man race he can TALK. If you ever met him you heard him coming. Nice guy from a family of truckers John belonged to my original Teamster Local 208 in Los Angeles the most unique local ever in my opinion. All of the Business Agents, Sec. Treasure, President & Trustees were elected by member vote every 3 years if my memory is on spot today. If not it was 4 years and the local was P&D drivers only as other locals covered Line Haul, dock etc. John says he still carries his union card as do I and his brother Louie drove line for Garrett & Sterling Transit after Garrett was Bought by ANR and went down the toilet. John probably drove local so he would have more folks to talk to but if you met him you met a friend.

john-force-garrett.md.jpeg

Last edited: