ABF | A forced contract

GO40 a member of the illuminati, You must admit Hoffa negotiated a pretty good UPS contract, a driver now makes $36.29 dollars an hour, 7 weeks vacation, plus pension and free health care. Then Fred at Teamsters united had his local vote down their supplement, after he agreed and signed off on them at the negotiations. Hoffa would have loved to negotiated more out of ABF, but they have to pay to much in legacy cost, for orphans. ABF pays more for an hour of labor;(wages,pension,healthcare) than any non union company does. I tried to get CANARY, who can pull any statistic out of his ass, to provide these differences in total wages. But canary is only interested in promoting his political agenda. he really doesn't care that ABF employees will get nothing from CSPF after they paid in $17,784 a year. Sounds to me GO40, that I'm the strait shooter, canary and his peep's are selling you'ins a bill of goods!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m a mason you moron! Not the Illuminati! UPS gets the same vacation time & pension contributions as I do in the Pa central teamsters fund.... straight shooter? Do you homework before running your mouth....

Go40 the loonies think anyone in a secret society is illuminati, masons are at the top of the list!!!!!!! just what is it you do behind closed doors???????? not sure what your post meant, do you get 7 weeks vacation? do UPS employees not get 7 weeks vacation in PA central teamsters? please clarify. Also what is the funding level of PA central teamsters? are they the next teamster 707 or maybe upstate New York pension fund? Wouldn't it be so much easier if there were no supplements and all teamsters got the same benefits!!!!!!!!! If that was the case this thread would be dead. what did you mean do your home work? you are confused, are you over 80?

Bubba, What makes you think that UPS isn't gunning for the pension?
http://www.pionline.com/article/20170627/ONLINE/170629825/ups-to-freeze-2-pension-plans-in-2023
...As of Jan. 1, 2023, active non-union employees will no longer accrue additional benefits under those plans. The plans were closed to new employees in June 2016.
A UPS spokesman said in an emailed statement that the company is freezing the plans because of the "continued escalation of future pension obligations and the volatility in the amount of those future obligations, both of which are impacting the company's ability to plan for future costs."...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-pension-plans-non-union-employees/434287001/
...United Parcel Service, the nation's largest package delivery company, said Tuesday it will freeze its pension program for 70,000 nonunion employees in five years and replace it with 401k accounts, reacting to a rising pension deficit and joining other large corporations that have phased out traditional retirement plans.
Rising pension costs, the volatility in future funding and changing demographics -- mainly the fact that people are living longer -- triggered the move, the company said.
As of the end of 2016, UPS' pension deficit in the U.S. totaled $9.9 billion. It owed $41.1 billion to retirees and current employees who are enrolled in the pension plans, but had enough to fund only 76% of what it owes...
The change doesn't affect its 272,000 union employees in the U.S. But their contracts expire in July next year, and negotiations will almost certainly include the issue of retirement funding plans.
"It's premature to be talking about contract bargaining," Gaut, UPS spokesman, said.

I know, we're talking about the scabs but didn't UPS tweak it's union pension accrual formula last go around? The change was something about $105 per year accrual instead of the traditional year average formula? They're looking at saving money and there is a whole pile of it, in future pension liabilities.
Bubba, which is more important, the current pay rates, the pension, or work rules? Gaut, UPS spokesman, said that it's too early to start talking about next years contract. Next year is here.
http://www.tdu.org/weak_9_5_deal_is_no_solution
...The new 9.5 deal tentatively agreed to in contract negotiations is so weak that UPSers don’t even get back what Hoffa-Hall gave up ten years ago...
All those fancy numbers, that you beat Canary over the head with, is a double edge sword. UPS'ers do make a buttload of money but it also means that you will not strike and UPS knows it. UPS is all about the money and the pension liability is a big drag on the money pile. They're coming for it. The question is will you see that big brown truck coming?

Go40 the loonies think anyone in a secret society is illuminati, masons are at the top of the list!!!!!!! just what is it you do behind closed doors???????? not sure what your post meant, do you get 7 weeks vacation? do UPS employees not get 7 weeks vacation in PA central teamsters? please clarify. Also what is the funding level of PA central teamsters? are they the next teamster 707 or maybe upstate New York pension fund? Wouldn't it be so much easier if there were no supplements and all teamsters got the same benefits!!!!!!!!! If that was the case this thread would be dead. what did you mean do your home work? you are confused, are you over 80?
Your so ignorant it’s hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

I've got to apologize to everyone on this site for my post. I'm getting old and feeble minded. I was under the impression that ABF Freight contract was being negotiated not UPS my bag sorry.

Bubba, What makes you think that UPS isn't gunning for the pension?
http://www.pionline.com/article/20170627/ONLINE/170629825/ups-to-freeze-2-pension-plans-in-2023
...As of Jan. 1, 2023, active non-union employees will no longer accrue additional benefits under those plans. The plans were closed to new employees in June 2016.
A UPS spokesman said in an emailed statement that the company is freezing the plans because of the "continued escalation of future pension obligations and the volatility in the amount of those future obligations, both of which are impacting the company's ability to plan for future costs."...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-pension-plans-non-union-employees/434287001/
...United Parcel Service, the nation's largest package delivery company, said Tuesday it will freeze its pension program for 70,000 nonunion employees in five years and replace it with 401k accounts, reacting to a rising pension deficit and joining other large corporations that have phased out traditional retirement plans.
Rising pension costs, the volatility in future funding and changing demographics -- mainly the fact that people are living longer -- triggered the move, the company said.
As of the end of 2016, UPS' pension deficit in the U.S. totaled $9.9 billion. It owed $41.1 billion to retirees and current employees who are enrolled in the pension plans, but had enough to fund only 76% of what it owes...
The change doesn't affect its 272,000 union employees in the U.S. But their contracts expire in July next year, and negotiations will almost certainly include the issue of retirement funding plans.
"It's premature to be talking about contract bargaining," Gaut, UPS spokesman, said.

I know, we're talking about the scabs but didn't UPS tweak it's union pension accrual formula last go around? The change was something about $105 per year accrual instead of the traditional year average formula? They're looking at saving money and there is a whole pile of it, in future pension liabilities.
Bubba, which is more important, the current pay rates, the pension, or work rules? Gaut, UPS spokesman, said that it's too early to start talking about next years contract. Next year is here.
http://www.tdu.org/weak_9_5_deal_is_no_solution
...The new 9.5 deal tentatively agreed to in contract negotiations is so weak that UPSers don’t even get back what Hoffa-Hall gave up ten years ago...
All those fancy numbers, that you beat Canary over the head with, is a double edge sword. UPS'ers do make a buttload of money but it also means that you will not strike and UPS knows it. UPS is all about the money and the pension liability is a big drag on the money pile. They're coming for it. The question is will you see that big brown truck coming?
First of all this thread in the ABF forum is about how FRED and TEAMSTERUNITED turned the last UPS contract into a political stunt. In the last contract the UPS/TEAMSTR,cspf pension fund was increased from $3000 to $3400, $3500 to $3900, at 30 and 35 years. For pension past 35 years the accrual now is $175 per year. The UPS pension funds have always been close to, or over 100% funded. For political cover, to justify ending their non union pension fund they lowered their discount rate to 3.26%. math will tell you 41.1 - 9.9= 32,200,000,000/70,000non union employees gives you $445,714 per employee. Which you can see is considerably more than the $40,000 dollars per union employee that is in CSPF. 9.5 language is just a giant bargaining chip/ only bargaining chip in the UPS contract!!!! Go to the " pension tsunami " web site to get all of the pension news. Have a nice day

I said I was sorry about the mistake, I was under the understanding that ABF contract was up and being negotiated.I've never worked for UPS and was not aware that this was your contact and pension funds being negotiated. Please forgive me I'm old feeble and possibly delusional good luck to you and all UPS members and have a nice day.

well picklehead "a forced contract" which refers to the "UPS" contract is the topic in this thread. PICKLE how is your reading comprehension?

This is why I hate the interweb, type in ABF truckingboard get send to ABF forum only to get on UPS page. Sure would like to work for UPS.

I think bringing up UPS was a example of how it is hard to trust Hoff jr. I think if we put our thinking caps on, we can come up with more examples why union and non union drivers can't trust Hoffa jr. Hoffa jr has lost the trust of non union drivers and is losing trust with drivers in the Teamsters. Not looking good to have Hoffa jr. negotiating drivers contracts.

That's how you make a point about a subject nice short and sweet to the point. Not long and draw out, every knows about UPS contract , every knows Hoffa could care less about the members. So let's start talking about ABF

well picklehead lets keep it simple. Every problem with the Teamsters/Hoffa/Pensions is the legacy cost of retirees/Orphans. It is not going away. I promise not to post any more if, every thing from now on is blamed on "MATH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only loonie here is you!!!!! UPS gets 6 weeks after 30 years like ABF, now get back on track kid....

well picklehead lets keep it simple. Every problem with the Teamsters/Hoffa/Pensions is the legacy cost of retirees/Orphans. It is not going away. I promise not to post any more if, every thing from now on is blamed on "MATH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok its math, see ya....

First of all this thread in the ABF forum is about how FRED and TEAMSTERUNITED turned the last UPS contract into a political stunt. In the last contract the UPS/TEAMSTR,cspf pension fund was increased from $3000 to $3400, $3500 to $3900, at 30 and 35 years. For pension past 35 years the accrual now is $175 per year. The UPS pension funds have always been close to, or over 100% funded. For political cover, to justify ending their non union pension fund they lowered their discount rate to 3.26%. math will tell you 41.1 - 9.9= 32,200,000,000/70,000non union employees gives you $445,714 per employee. Which you can see is considerably more than the $40,000 dollars per union employee that is in CSPF. 9.5 language is just a giant bargaining chip/ only bargaining chip in the UPS contract!!!! Go to the " pension tsunami " web site to get all of the pension news. Have a nice day

A man is only as good as his word... and this goes to show you that yours isn't worth a damn...

Dear Docker, i surmise you have had your sponge bath and meds by this time of the morning. Meds, very important to your mental health!!!! It has been suggested i quit posting. It appears i aggravate your delicate condition. I will come back after December 1st, to laugh at you. You must agree it is silly to think the "COMMITTEE" will give CSPF BILLION's. NO U FOOL have you ever thought of getting a hobby, just a thought. TA TA FOOL, see ya in December!!!!!!!

What happened gump... did they release you from the funny farm a little early? Just to let everyone on this thread know about just what a POS you will be replying to and what he actually thinks of your union pensions that he so readily admitted on another thread...

remember noUNIONfool/docker I'm laughing at you not with you!!!!!!!! Can't wait for CSPF to go broke NO u FOOL!!!!!!!! So i can buy your :::shit::: after the bank repos it. You still in the nursing home docker? Or are you whipping your ass on your own now?

If you want to trash a thread... how about at the very least be a man about it and show a little consideration to the other members and take it to where your BS belongs... in the "Get it off your chest thread". But you and I already know that you're not anywhere near a man about things... don't we?

Young (angry) Man,......there's a lot of misinformation in your post. It seems you are the one trying to turn this thread into an anti-TeamstersUnited thread.

The Local where I'm at,....has a very large UPS terminal in it. Over 1500 employees...........They went solidly for TeamstersUnited last election. Empirical evidence suggests that they were mightily dissatisfied with the contract, as was forced down their throat by Mr. Hoffa's altering of Art.VII, Sec. 6. JC#40's UPS teamsters voted down the Supplement twice,....and were one of about 6 dissenting Locals to vote against Mr. Hoffa's IBT Constitutional "grab"......

AS was JC#40's ABF Teamsters last contract .......WE also were one of 7 Supplemental areas to vote down the contract.

My point:......ABF made a long-term commitment to the defined-benefit MEPF, many, many years ago. Now , they want to shed that commitment,....even though it will mean future financial hardship on many Teamsters who ALSO made a long-term commitment,....to ABF.

In my Opinion,.....ABF should've been...."sheparding".....the MEPFs that ABF was associated with,......instead of paying the rate, and watching certain funds fail,...without doing nothing......They don't care about "long-term investments"? Did they....waste....50 years of payments to,...say...CSPF?

Or,....are they really looking at....recouping their pension "investment",....by allowing destruction of MEPFs,....thereby proclaiming: "Defined-Benefit Pensions are Dead!",.........and having a ready-made excuse to force their employees into a defined-contribution fund.....at NO cost to the company?

By the way,......Did you buy all your "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s".........at the same place where I bought all my "............'s"?

I’m a mason you moron! Not the Illuminati! UPS gets the same vacation time & pension contributions as I do in the Pa central teamsters fund.... straight shooter? Do you homework before running your mouth....

AHA!........Not the Illuminati?..........That's code for "you're in the Golden Dawn",...........committed to the overthrow of Democracy by destruction of a Sovereign Nation's Transportation system.........

Financed by Sturm und Taxis,....the secret German postal service that actually owns DHL,.........

We've Caught You Now!............Tell us!......You're driving truck so you can secretly map out the Interstate System of the United States,......so that when the Bilderbergers make their move,.......they will have hand-drawn maps of all of our Interstates,....Thanks to you!

Conspiracies Are Everywhere!..........especially in the Interior of Certain Peoples' craniums........