Central Transport | A funny thing happened today.

Jacknife18

Senile Member
Credits
I found out another (former) Vitran driver will work his last day at Central on Friday. -Good driver too.

( I need to correct the title of this thread. It should read: "A HILARIOUS. thing happened today."

I found out another (former) Vitran driver will work his last day at Central on Friday. -Good driver too.

( I need to correct the title of this thread. It should read: "A HILARIOUS. thing happened today."
I understand that Central Transport got exactly what they wanted......The equipment and customers (at least a few) because the drivers were just an after thought. I sure wish I had the percentages of how many jumped shipped. All companies (LTL) put their bottom line and the share holders first but 90% percent of them don't view the drivers as expendable assets like Central does. That will never change.

i'm suprised nobody wants to make a career at c.t. it only takes you four years to make an hourly wage other ltl companies start you at, your vac is pro-rated yearly as opposed to other ltl companies where you earned them at the beginning of the calendar year. and last but not least that premium cherokee insurance package, that same offering nobody accepts or ever heard about. heck, you probably pay less if you walk in with no insurance rather then using this gem policy.

i'm suprised nobody wants to make a career at c.t. it only takes you four years to make an hourly wage other ltl companies start you at, your vac is pro-rated yearly as opposed to other ltl companies where you earned them at the beginning of the calendar year. and last but not least that premium cherokee insurance package, that same offering nobody accepts or ever heard about. heck, you probably pay less if you walk in with no insurance rather then using this gem policy.
The healthcare is worthless.......It should be against the law for this family to own their own healthcare company....Talk about a conflict of interest.

mouroun never made an honest dollar, his father handed him the keys in his will, then he cheated and stole to build an empire, now the torch is about to be passed once again.

You are correct JK, I have confirmed that another very good Vitran driver is leaving headed off to another very good LTL company.

Today I spoke with a great woman and friend a former Vitran OS & D rep. She is now a claims rep. for CT and I hear that she will be required to do a ride along with a driver for a few days. Must be to show her how bad CT trashes their freight.

Funny thing happened today. I saw our local CT driver was up in his trailer somewhere, door open half way, lock hanging open on the handle. I have to confess that for a second I thought about locking him in there.

Funny thing happened today. I saw our local CT driver was up in his trailer somewhere, door open half way, lock hanging open on the handle. I have to confess that for a second I thought about locking him in there.

Lock... HMMMM. For a second I thought you were going to tell us that he was stealing the freight. LOL

Today I spoke with a great woman and friend a former Vitran OS & D rep. She is now a claims rep. for CT and I hear that she will be required to do a ride along with a driver for a few days. Must be to show her how bad CT trashes their freight.

hopefully she gets one of the few former Vitran guys, not someone like 42 to ride with, she is a whole lot better than that (yes I know who your talking about)

I'd have her in the trailer busting down a sallys skid while I'm running them in the store,

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that she went for that ride along and the truck broke down. Lmfao, only at the outhouse better known as C.T.

I just had to go there.........I brought it all on myself........I get what I deserve. No more PM's please.............:guinesssmilie:.....Make it go away:guiness: