Yellow | A Happy Ending...

Sully

TB Lurker
Credits
Don't you miss the good old days when Yellow Freight and Roadway Express were the two titans of the LTL Industry? You know what I'm talking about. You had a shine on your boots, a gold tooth in your smile, and a 1000 watt Kicker to light up the sky. Man, those were the days... But, here we are now, a bunch of old freight haulers with bad backs and even worse attitudes. We're too ugly to wear those "metro-sexual" uniforms at FedEx Freight, too "experienced" to drive for R&L Carriers, and quite frankly, too uncoordinated to become a "forklift operator/combo driver" at ConWay. ..LOL I thought about becoming a VCR Repairman but, I forgot that technology has been surpassed by the DVD or was it the Download??? ..LOL Anyway, I hope we have a happy ending to this story...

Don't you miss the good old days when Yellow Freight and Roadway Express were the two titans of the LTL Industry? You know what I'm talking about. You had a shine on your boots, a gold tooth in your smile, and a 1000 watt Kicker to light up the sky. Man, those were the days... But, here we are now, a bunch of old freight haulers with bad backs and even worse attitudes. We're too ugly to wear those "metro-sexual" uniforms at FedEx Freight, too "experienced" to drive for R&L Carriers, and quite frankly, too uncoordinated to become a "forklift operator/combo driver" at ConWay. ..LOL I thought about becoming a VCR Repairman but, I forgot that technology has been surpassed by the DVD or was it the Download??? ..LOL Anyway, I hope we have a happy ending to this story...

Now there is a post that everyone can enjoy! Thanks for the bright spot.:biglaugh:

Actually, I do remember back in the early 80's into the late 90's being proud where I worked and remember Yellow Freight management primarily in the 80's treating you like a man but my last 10 years until 2009 I had a bad attitude towards management, but my dealings with the customers was always great.........Those were the days.........Time to move on..........:TR10driving03:

Actually, I do remember back in the early 80's into the late 90's being proud where I worked and remember Yellow Freight management primarily in the 80's treating you like a man but my last 10 years until 2009 I had a bad attitude towards management, but my dealings with the customers was always great.........Those were the days.........Time to move on..........:TR10driving03:

Me too brother. Always walked into a customer's business with a great attitude. It was like when you climbed into the cab and went out the gate nothing could ruin your day from that point on. Fast forward to today and I am usually pissed off even before I clock in. You are dead on with the 80's and latter 90's being great and the last 10 years a little taste of hell.

EXCELLENT POST SULLY..........:clap:
All we had to complain about were the dispatchers.....ah, the good old days.

I thought about becoming a VCR Repairman but, I forgot that technology has been surpassed by the DVD or was it the Download???
If they do end up shutting us down, I think that while I'm on unemployment, I will go back to school and get my final credits that I need to go into the 8 track repair business. I might even get a minor degree in phonograph repair in case the 8 track repair business doesn't prosper. DVD??? Download??? That must have been before my time.:biglaugh:

If they do end up shutting us down, I think that while I'm on unemployment, I will go back to school and get my final credits that I need to go into the 8 track repair business. I might even get a minor degree in phonograph repair in case the 8 track repair business doesn't prosper. DVD??? Download??? That must have been before my time.:biglaugh:

Don't forget to take a course in 8mm camera repair. Remember, Dollar Bill didn't think digital cameras would catch on either.

I really don't care for my metrosexual FedEx uniform either.
As soon as I'm out the gate I'm down to my unofficial navy blue and purple thong.

It was so busy the TM had us stop making pickups. How dumb was he? Another TM had us bring back deliveries so not to pay ot. They didn't pick up any freight within a 500 mi radius. They had lock on the market and still do

The only Happy Ending I get is down at the local rub and tug. That is the only happy ending I need.:biglaugh::puke::eck15:

Local rub and tug ??????? i dont think they have those in Texas, if they do its on the gay side of town i bet.:eck13:

Oh oh!! Something tells me that we're all slowly catching on to Strouds true inclinations! Isn't that what they call "being outed"?? :hysterical: :biglaugh:

Now hold on a sec im not saying the boy has a hint -of- mint to him,im just saying that rub and tug place he likes so much,well im not sure which side of the street its on.:eck13:

Local rub and tug ??????? i dont think they have those in Texas, if they do its on the gay side of town i bet.:eck13:

What, they don't have massage parlors in Texas? Staffed by women that may or not be good looking? What the heck do you think a rub and tug is?

Right on 611, and on 209. "Massage" if you know what I mean,or check out adult services or casual connections on craigslist. No I do not swing the way my friend MR LOVERS does, it all big TI!IES for me.

well sir to tell you the truth i had now idea what a Rub-n-Tug joint was till you told me.But it sounds like you and this stroud fellow know quiet a bit about them.And i guess they got them in Texas but hell we just call em wh*^e houses,were kind of a call em like you see em state.:nutkick: