ABF | A Labor Day salute to our Brothers @ Consolidated Freightways

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
What an insult it was to close CF on Labor Day. My hearts and prayers and still with you guys..what a slap in the face to a company that helped build the trucking industry in our nation. A proud heritage indeed!

Menlo sold out CF to Conway and now Conway sold to XPO..will be quite interesting to see the future of LTL at XPO Logistics...we all know the feeling..

Last edited:
I hope everyone is have a great Labor Day; even if it does bring back bad memories. Time heals all wounds and sometimes even erases the memories of those wounds.

I remember when Ryder opened up in Albuquerque. I also remember when P.I.E. and Ryder merged in Albuquerque, the Ryder drivers were gone. I'm also glad that P.I.E. quit working me as a casual in early 1982. That June Roadway was forced to hire me by the Teamsters Union.

We all had our ups and downs, but I don't think you could have found a better job than RTL.

What an insult it was to close CF on Labor Day. My hearts and prayers and still with you guys..what a slap in the face to a company that helped build the trucking industry in our nation. A proud heritage indeed!

Menlo sold out CF to Conway and now Conway sold to XPO..will be quite interesting to see the future of LTL at XPO Logistics...we all know the feeling..

Everyone keeps missing the point that they deliberately CHOSE Labor Day to shut down with no warning.

Trucking management showed exactly how they felt about the employees that made them wealthy,......and about the American workforce in general.......

You didn’t see anyone call for a general boycott of Con-Way...because of their management’s deliberate insult to the holiday celebrating American workers...........Just business as usual.....

Which should make everyone wonder what ALL management’s true feelings about the Labor Force is.....

“Gee.......If we could only get rid of these stinky, whiny workers,.....look at the Profit we would make !”

Thanks to all those that stood together yesterday to provide today's working conditions.
Thank you Brother Canary..I posted the on the ABF, YRC and XPO boards..I really got ripped by XPO..they'd better be grateful that CONsolidated FreightWAYs built Con-Job and now they will know how the CF employees felt. Thank you..if lifted my spirits..I agree, Labor Day was chosen as the day to shut them (labor) down

Everyone keeps missing the point that they deliberately CHOSE Labor Day to shut down with no warning.

Trucking management showed exactly how they felt about the employees that made them wealthy,......and about the American workforce in general.......

You didn’t see anyone call for a general boycott of Con-Way...because of their management’s deliberate insult to the holiday celebrating American workers...........Just business as usual.....

Which should make everyone wonder what ALL management’s true feelings about the Labor Force is.....

“Gee.......If we could only get rid of these stinky, whiny workers,.....look at the Profit we would make !”
By the way, I will post this (Good Lord willing) again next Labor Day...I will be retired by then!

QsUCWfI.jpg

Just got home from a truck show, saw a few of my old CF and Carolina friends, not many of us old geezers left
now got to board up for Florence and get out of dodge.

That looks like the Pete used in a movie years ago. I don't remember the name of the movie but the Pete pushed other trucks off the road. One of which was a former ABF Louisville Ford

That looks like the Pete used in a movie years ago. I don't remember the name of the movie but the Pete pushed other trucks off the road. One of which was a former ABF Louisville Ford

Name of movie was Duel. the Pete chased Dennis Weaver down a mountain in the red valiant.
They had the Convoy Mack, Claude Akins KW, Bj and the Bear truck, had a nice batch of trucks.
They had the first truck Conway put in service, didn't want the crap on my phone, I passed.
I'll post more pics on video thread before I get ran off here.

Name of movie was Duel. the Pete chased Dennis Weaver down a mountain in the red valiant.
They had the Convoy Mack, Claude Akins KW, Bj and the Bear truck, had a nice batch of trucks.
They had the first truck Conway put in service, didn't want the crap on my phone, I passed.
I'll post more pics on video thread before I get ran off here.

Thank you Brother Seabreeze!,......from the rest of us old Truckophiles........