Estes | a letter sent to Jr before all the changes

well if you think i think i'm not just a number well i know better. no kansas city just never over hired. we have 1 extra board guy after the bid change and 32 or more linehaul drivers. if we see him not workin we can all take 1 day off a month and keep him working. so we are not in a real bad spot here

Decent letter and I have some disagreements, but I will not post them here as it has already been done. However, the company should ask for input from their employees and those that make the company run and keep it "well oiled" as the best employee is a happy employee. Whether the company takes their views/opinions into account or not and decides that they know best, at least the employee has the satisfaction of knowing that he/she was heard and that his/her opinion was taken into account regardless of the outcome.

This, I believe, is what makes a company strong - the ability of upper management to listen to those on the front lines as most management types have hardly no idea what it's like, or have forgotten about, what it's like to be on the front lines.

Is Estes getting "too big" to no longer listen to their employees/drivers? I hope not.

This, I believe, is what makes a company strong - the ability of upper management to listen to those on the front lines as most management types have hardly no idea what it's like, or have forgotten about, what it's like to be on the front lines.

Couldn't agree with you more. Greenies for you! :smilie_132:

Decent letter and I have some disagreements, but I will not post them here as it has already been done. However, the company should ask for input from their employees and those that make the company run and keep it "well oiled" as the best employee is a happy employee. Whether the company takes their views/opinions into account or not and decides that they know best, at least the employee has the satisfaction of knowing that he/she was heard and that his/her opinion was taken into account regardless of the outcome.

Is Estes getting "too big" to no longer listen to their employees/drivers? I hope not.

Best idea I've seen for managing any company is to put the front line personnel at the top of the pyramid and put the top management person on the bottom with all other layers of management in the middle. In other words, flip the pyramid so that all the people in the middle and at the bottom are now supporting those at the top of the pyramid.

yep I agree...good idea Evil I think I'll kick some greenies in on that myself:thumbsup: