ODFL | A little help here od guys and gal"s

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
Started talking to a person in charge of hiring in eastern PA area. What could one expect starting at the bottom of linehaul board in a satalite terminal working here? Steady work? do you guys have separate local and road boards in the terminals, or do you guys go back and forth between road and city like Con Way? Is this a good LTL company to work for? Do they care about their people or just a numbers company? what kind of mileage could one expect to get a night running out of a satalite terminal? etc ...........THANK YOU guys.

Everything can vary. But it is a good company. If your job is not good, just apply. This job will be better. Even if you work 3 days a week you'll pull in more money than most OTR truck drivers.

Started talking to a person in charge of hiring in eastern PA area. What could one expect starting at the bottom of linehaul board in a satalite terminal working here? Steady work? do you guys have separate local and road boards in the terminals, or do you guys go back and forth between road and city like Con Way? Is this a good LTL company to work for? Do they care about their people or just a numbers company? what kind of mileage could one expect to get a night running out of a satalite terminal? etc ...........THANK YOU guys.
I will answer these as best as I can. Starting at the bottom could vary depending on the freight levels, however company wide we have been busy and we are coming in to the busy season anyway. We do not go back and forth between boards, you are one or the other. It is a great place to work in my opinion, they try to make it a family atmosphere. As far as the mileage, I would need to know what service center you are running out of to get a better idea. You mentioned eastern pa which could be an hourly line haul run due to the close proximity of the service centers, or you may be hitting a lot of service centers. If you want to pm me the service center you are applying at I will look up their runs and give you a better idea. In any event I would jump on a chance to work here. I love it. Best of luck to you.

:icon_dance:Is ODFL a good company to work for? The easy and best answer is YES. I've worked OTR and I've worked P & D. And I've worked for a few different carriers, so I have, in my opinion, a pretty good feel for companys. And this one, hands down, is the best one I have ever worked for. Good pay, good benefits. All the newest technology. Both to keep the drivers, and dispatchers honest. Big on safety and customer service. They don't ask you to do anything unsafe. It's a mindset and mentality that they push at OD. They look out for you, in turn, you look out for the customer. Everybody wins. You're happy, the customer is happy. The company thrives. So if you're looking to make a move, this would be a good one. Good luck, and I hope you come on over.

Hey Sick--just an example of the working atmosphere at OD. I hired on this week, my daughter in law went into labor 5 weeks early. I called my Asst mgr, told im whats up and his reply was Family comes first so go do what you need to do. No questions asked, then my father in law died a few days later. Called Central esplained whats up then they set me up with a short turn run like I requested so I could ge home early and get travel arrangements taken care of. I can not tell you what respect I have for this place. Everyone I have meet this week is always willing to help you and, everyone here smiles!! as was said earlier--OD gets it. Take care of your people and everything else takes care of its self!!

Hey Sick--just an example of the working atmosphere at OD. I hired on this week, my daughter in law went into labor 5 weeks early. I called my Asst mgr, told im whats up and his reply was Family comes first so go do what you need to do. No questions asked, then my father in law died a few days later. Called Central esplained whats up then they set me up with a short turn run like I requested so I could ge home early and get travel arrangements taken care of. I can not tell you what respect I have for this place. Everyone I have meet this week is always willing to help you and, everyone here smiles!! as was said earlier--OD gets it. Take care of your people and everything else takes care of its self!!

Wow lots going on in your house!!! Sorry to hear about your father-in-law passing. But I'll second the family first attitude. My mom had to have major surgery the end of February. I asked if I could take a temporary transfer back home to help around the house while she recovers. No questions, they took care of it and that's what I'm doing. Shout out to the tm in Springfield MO, thanked me for coming up to help them (as if they weren't doing me a favor!) and told me if I need anything to let him know. Every time I'm in the office he asks how my mom is doing. I have never worked for a company with this good an atmosphere.

08 was running BIL turns and overnights. Got a bug bite the messed with my "Gulf War Syndrome". Bad infection. Took 5 days laid up in BIL motel and 2 a days for IV'd antibiotics. TM had home made meals sent to me. And regular checked on. Asked what I owed for down time in motel. Not OD's fault I'm laid up. Let known we take care of our own.

It's stuff like all of this that the guys that dog us for no ot until 60 hrs miss. I seriously doubt that the few remaining union lines (or any other line for that matter) would come close to doing anything like this for their employees. If this is "getting a hotdog", then I'll take 3 please, with ketchup, mustard and slaw.

We having steak's,potatoes,salad&all the fix'ns..May I say "Big Ribeye's" cook'd to order next week.The hell with a hot dog.:hide:
It's stuff like all of this that the guys that dog us for no ot until 60 hrs miss. I seriously doubt that the few remaining union lines (or any other line for that matter) would come close to doing anything like this for their employees. If this is "getting a hotdog", then I'll take 3 please, with ketchup, mustard and slaw.

08 was running BIL turns and overnights. Got a bug bite the messed with my "Gulf War Syndrome". Bad infection. Took 5 days laid up in BIL motel and 2 a days for IV'd antibiotics. TM had home made meals sent to me. And regular checked on. Asked what I owed for down time in motel. Not OD's fault I'm laid up. Let known we take care of our own.

Thank you for your service!!!