Central Transport | A little more each day.

boomerang

TB Lurker
Credits
I am really getting nervous now. Numerous negative reactions from customers on my route today with the mere mention of vitran. One BIG customer has them blacklisted. Another customer (after learning of the buyout) said without hesitation "Well, its been nice knowing you... Why would this be? If Vitran can provide so much more than could Milan, why in the world would I be recieving such negative reactions? I mean after all, doesnt a larger company with so much more capability equate to better service to our customer base??? Doesnt it equate to better benefits & pay for all of us here at Milan?? Come on. Calling all Vitran! We are asking for more clarification! Only you who have been through what we are going through can tell us what really to expect.

if you were as happy as you sound at milan (by reading your posts) then your the only guy i ever met that worked at milan that was happy . im sure milan is on many a "blacklists" .

I am really getting nervous now. Numerous negative reactions from customers on my route today with the mere mention of vitran. One BIG customer has them blacklisted. Another customer (after learning of the buyout) said without hesitation "Well, its been nice knowing you... Why would this be? If Vitran can provide so much more than could Milan, why in the world would I be recieving such negative reactions? I mean after all, doesnt a larger company with so much more capability equate to better service to our customer base??? Doesnt it equate to better benefits & pay for all of us here at Milan?? Come on. Calling all Vitran! We are asking for more clarification! Only you who have been through what we are going through can tell us what really to expect.

I don't know the exact reason for losing customers, Boomerang, there could be many, but Vitran is Canadian owned.This is merely a thought with no proof, but we're in a time when ppl are trying to pull our Country together. We're all shouting "Buy American". We look at labels to see where things are made and produced at. Well I think if I had a business I'ld definitely go with "Owned and Operated in the USA". That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Not that I'm sayin Vitran is a bad company, it's just not "Made in the USA".:coffee1:

somebody must like or use vitran or they wouldnt be around .. im sure you will gain more customers then you lose.

I just come to work and do my job everyday, I expect a pay check. So far Vitran has always lived up to that expectation. As far as customer base, I had some customers tell me that they can get their freight delivered for cheaper, there are some customers that I think Vitran shouldn't even consider picking up for because it takes to much manpower to pickup and deliver their freight. You have a lot of customers that won't their freight at 8am next day but don't won't to pay for "Silver Service". There are to many scenerios to list, but one thing I do know Carriers compete with each other. The one with the lowest bid wins but sometimes the employees lose with pay cuts and a possibility of their company being brought out by another carrier. I just hope they try Vitran out again because I don't won't to be brought out by another carrier and left with uncertainty. My advise, come to work & do your job, expect a pay check & let Vitran figure out the rest. Thats what they get them big profit checks for at the end of the year. You can build a bigger & stronger customer base but you have to understand that this is a team operation. You can do a great job at getting that freight picked up, but a dockworker can damage that freight unloading and reloading, a Linehaul driver can breakdown, have a accident or have poor management that make bad decisions that destroy all that hard work that you've done.

I can already see, as time goes on, the reality of the buyout is starting to sink in to our customers minds. Many of mine ask me about vitran. Right now I have very little info to impart to them. Can any of you shed a little light on vitran customer relations? Most have never heard of them. Hopefully soon I will have a better idea about vitran and be able to quell any concerns they may have.

i would'nt use us either. " A DAY LATE WITH YOUR DAMAGED FREIGHT", should be our slogan. dockworkers are told to breakdown freight and pack the trucks, then the customer receives damaged freight. and vitran is notorious for not paying claims. breakdown freight that's shrinkwrapped DON'T BREAKDOWN and FRAGILE, then refuse to make right when you caused the damage. nice way to do business.