Estes | A moment of silence

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
As some of you may already know. The Athens Ga terminal has dealt with many losses the last several years. Well they face another loss of a good man. I'm sure many of you have crossed paths a time or two with Virgil (flat top) as he ran the road like nobody I know. He was one of those $100 grand guys I've mentioned in the past. He took his own life last Thursday leaving behind an ex wife and 2 children.

I heard about this Friday night..It's a shame..Must have had some deep issues,which we all have..RIP, Flat-top...What is it about the Athens terminal?

I heard about this Friday night..It's a shame..Must have had some deep issues,which we all have..RIP, Flat-top...What is it about the Athens terminal?
I don't know but that's at least 9 drivers and mechanics in the last 7 years that I can think of.

I don't know but that's at least 9 drivers and mechanics in the last 7 years that I can think of.

Well, we will probably never know WHY this happened and maybe that's a good thing...It had to be something personal...All in all, it's still a travesty....

Alcoholism played a big part in his troubles. He worked at 047 for many years. He lost his job at Estes about a month ago. Estes bent over backwards to help him and he just didn't help himself. Its a sad situation and I wish I could have helped him but sorces say he never answered anyones phone calls for a long time.

Alcoholism played a big part in his troubles. He worked at 047 for many years. He lost his job at Estes about a month ago. Estes bent over backwards to help him and he just didn't help himself. Its a sad situation and I wish I could have helped him but sorces say he never answered anyones phone calls for a long time.

Yeah..I had heard his wife had left him...Lost a bunch of weight and started drinking heavy..Those two don't mix..I really feel for his kids..Maybe he left a good impression on them,hopefully...

mildew said:

Think I ran with that guy. Flat top rings a bell. God be with him and his family. Terrible deal