XPO | A New Low

sheepstalker

TB Lurker
Credits
:cuss:
Just cheched NASDAQ, and our stock has hit an all new low piont. $45.44 per share.

Anyone who thinks fat beard is trying to sell this "great" company of ours is probably right. With common stock so cheap, some other company may be ready to jump in now. Who will it be; fed-ex, ups, dhl, or hell might just be yellow trying to rid them selves of the competition.

As an employee, and as a share holder, I'm worried about where fat beard is taking this company.

Sheepstalker you must remember the big fish running the show are Doug S, and Dave M, .....Dave M. (fat beard) is just a little fish right above you and me:rockon: :rockon:

Also look at the others Fed-Ex $100. was almost $120. Yellow $37. was over $45 UPS $69. was close to $90 .. Lots of the transportation stocks are down

sheepstalker said:
Just cheched NASDAQ, and our stock has hit an all new low piont. $45.44 per share.

Anyone who thinks fat beard is trying to sell this "great" company of ours is probably right. With common stock so cheap, some other company may be ready to jump in now. Who will it be; fed-ex, ups, dhl, or hell might just be yellow trying to rid them selves of the competition.

As an employee, and as a share holder, I'm worried about where fat beard is taking this company.
It would not be YRCW, UPS, or FDX due to the fact that you cannot have a monopoly or corner the market in America. All three of these companies has it's fair share of the LTL business. DHL does not. Nor does ABF or Old Dominion. The rest of the LTL companies are regional and could not buy a national company. I work for Roadway and never thought Yellow could buy us. So all we can do is wait and see. Best wishes to you and Conway...

I found this post on yahoo's message boards. Kind of an interesting prospective.

Re: how is conway supposed to grow?
You might want to buy/hold CNW because it is a good buyout candidate. In a leveraged buyout (LBO), someone offers to buy all the outstanding common shares at a nice premium over recent market price (say $65/share, roughly 40% over today's close of $46.19) and borrows the money to pay for the stock by issuing new debt in the name of the company (corporate bonds). If a buyout like this happens soon then you can make a healthy short-term return on investment if you buy and/or hold CNW at today's price.

Why is CNW a good LBO candidate? There is a lot to compute, but the basic enabling facts are:

1) It would cost about $3 billion to buy all the common shares at $65/share

2) CNW has a lot of excess cash and short-term assets lying around that can be used to buy a significant percentage of the outstanding stock. At the end of June 2006 current assets exceeded current liabilities by more than $550 million. Much of these excess current assets could be used to buy back stock -- in fact, a big stock buyback is already underway. Check note 7 in the most recent 10-Q to see CNW actually did buy back over $222 million of stock in the month of June 2006 and was then planning to buy back another $178 million in the near future. Assume $400 million of current assets are used to buy shares in the LBO at $65 each, the buyer needs another $2.6 billion to close the deal.

3) The buyer (a consortium of hedge funds, presumably) puts up $960 million of its own cash.

4) The remaining $1.6 billion is rasied by issuing new 10-year CNW corporate bonds paying a 9% coupon.

Total long-term debt goes up to $2.2 billion, requiring roughly $200 million/year in interest payments. This is manageable because EBITDA is forecast to be more than $500 million/year, leaving net earnings around $250 million/year for the buyer. Not a bad annual return on a $960 million investment. And, if my assumed $400 million buyback program is completed at current market prices (management already plans to do roughly half of that) instead of the buyout price of $65/share, the deal is $160 million better for the buyer who then only needs to put up $800 million.

Of course, another transportation company could buy CNW in a standard buyout (no need for an LBO), but the LBO computation shows the intrinsic value of the company to outside investors.

Here it is in black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is your 5 year return on your ltl's stock

old dominion 51.8%
fed ex 20.7%
abf 15.1%
yellow 11.7%
conway 9.5%
ups 7.2%

Thats a five year growth on your company stock, feel better now. Would have been nice to have stock in old dominion, huh!!!!!!

one other thing

Let me add that when I started at conway 10 years ago the first thing I heard was ups was going to buy us out, 10 years ago, lol. Now if someone was going to buy us why would they not in 2003 when the stock was only $25.55 a share, or in late 2001 when the stock was only $12.00 a share. The reason stock is dropping now is one reason and that is the total lack of sales, we were always the most expensive company to ship with and now other ltl's can match our service but at a far cheaper rate. The sales guys think they can offer to buy pizza for a companys shipping department on a friday, hand out some hats and ink pens, and that just dosent cut it anymore, drop the pricing and get some business. The sales dept golfing on every friday dosent get the job done!!!!!!!!!! Untill things, rates, change cnw stock will continue to drop, and dont hold your breath thinking someone will buy us, fat chance!!!!! Many a driver has been hoping that for 10 plus years now!!!!!:hysterical:

enronintheworks said:
Let me add that when I started at conway 10 years ago the first thing I heard was ups was going to buy us out, 10 years ago, lol. Now if someone was going to buy us why would they not in 2003 when the stock was only $25.55 a share, or in late 2001 when the stock was only $12.00 a share. The reason stock is dropping now is one reason and that is the total lack of sales, we were always the most expensive company to ship with and now other ltl's can match our service but at a far cheaper rate. The sales guys think they can offer to buy pizza for a companys shipping department on a friday, hand out some hats and ink pens, and that just dosent cut it anymore, drop the pricing and get some business. The sales dept golfing on every friday dosent get the job done!!!!!!!!!! Untill things, rates, change cnw stock will continue to drop, and dont hold your breath thinking someone will buy us, fat chance!!!!! Many a driver has been hoping that for 10 plus years now!!!!!:hysterical:
The sale dept is so over loaded with reports and other B S paper work they spend more time in the office then the street.

:busted_blue: stockscouterrating:busted_blue:

Con-way Inc.: Stock Rating SummaryCon-way Inc., a mid-cap value company in the transportation sector, is expected to match the market over the next six months with less than average risk.

10 is the best possible rating.

we were rated a 8 last week, a 7 the first of this week and now a 5 on last friday, dosent look like the experts rate our stock as a very good buy.:busted_blue:

Stock Price History
Change
Last 3 Months -21.9%
Last 6 Months -14.1%
Last 12 Months -8.6%

do you see a pattern, as conway says, patterns are not good, especially when they go down like this one

let me also add there is so many law suits directed at conway right now, many from employees, that no company in there right mind would consider buying cnw untill alot of these are settled.:hysterical:

It's frustrating when you have all these things happening with the company and you don't hear anything from upper management other than "we're not selling the company."

Someone needs to address the slipping stock price, low freight levels, and other issues within the company. I'd like to know what (if anything) the company is doing to address these problems. It's obvious that the powers that be need to take a proactive stance and get busy fixing our sales strategy, etc., etc.... I hope the primary approach isn't just sittin' back and hoping things get better.

enronintheworks said:
let me also add there is so many law suits directed at conway right now, many from employees, that no company in there right mind would consider buying cnw untill alot of these are settled.:hysterical:
oh is this true here at ( NTP ) conway just settled about a year ago to three X drivers. each walked away with 300,000 this after lawyer , tax fees. just few months ago seen corprate lawyer again, same place ( NTP ) asking about another pending law suit.
YES ! people we do have problems at TAMPA, here let me say it again TAMPA. i will post a nice fat thread about TAMPA with major problems here

sheepstalker said:

Con-Way isn't on NASDAQ.

The latest big rumor of a lawsuit by drivers is that years ago, sry dont know when exactly, cnf froze any employee from dumping company stock while you are still a active cnw employee. They dont tell you that when they push the 401 on you. I dont know about your terminals, but at ours, if you werent in the 401, they really pushed it on you hard. Anytime they match your contribution its with company stock. You know, that 50% of your first 3%,lol, I think they are embarressed to say what it really is, 1 1/2%. A couple years back I called troweprice about cashing out my 401 and found out I cant as long as Im a active employee. They do have a clause put in if your losing your home, if your neck deep in medical bills, and one other reason (sry I forget that one) that if cnw gave them permission , you then could cash out!!!! Now isnt this something they should inform you of when they try so hard to get you to sigh up for it. Alot of guys still dont know this, but hey, call and see for yourself!!! I think thats the first thing the clown that ran enron did, b4 he ran it in the ground and everyone lost there jobs and every penny of there 401!!!!!!:poster_oops:

enronintheworks said:
The latest big rumor of a lawsuit by drivers is that years ago, sry dont know when exactly, cnf froze any employee from dumping company stock while you are still a active cnw employee. They dont tell you that when they push the 401 on you. I dont know about your terminals, but at ours, if you werent in the 401, they really pushed it on you hard. Anytime they match your contribution its with company stock. You know, that 50% of your first 3%,lol, I think they are embarressed to say what it really is, 1 1/2%. A couple years back I called troweprice about cashing out my 401 and found out I cant as long as Im a active employee. They do have a clause put in if your losing your home, if your neck deep in medical bills, and one other reason (sry I forget that one) that if cnw gave them permission , you then could cash out!!!! Now isnt this something they should inform you of when they try so hard to get you to sigh up for it. Alot of guys still dont know this, but hey, call and see for yourself!!! I think thats the first thing the clown that ran enron did, b4 he ran it in the ground and everyone lost there jobs and every penny of there 401!!!!!!:poster_oops:
i've never worked any where that let you cash out your 401k while you worked there. take out loans yes, but you gotta quit to cash out.

xco_dsr said:
I found this post on yahoo's message boards. Kind of an interesting prospective.

Re: how is conway supposed to grow?
You might want to buy/hold CNW because it is a good buyout candidate. In a leveraged buyout (LBO), someone offers to buy all the outstanding common shares at a nice premium over recent market price (say $65/share, roughly 40% over today's close of $46.19) and borrows the money to pay for the stock by issuing new debt in the name of the company (corporate bonds). If a buyout like this happens soon then you can make a healthy short-term return on investment if you buy and/or hold CNW at today's price.

Why is CNW a good LBO candidate? There is a lot to compute, but the basic enabling facts are:

1) It would cost about $3 billion to buy all the common shares at $65/share

2) CNW has a lot of excess cash and short-term assets lying around that can be used to buy a significant percentage of the outstanding stock. At the end of June 2006 current assets exceeded current liabilities by more than $550 million. Much of these excess current assets could be used to buy back stock -- in fact, a big stock buyback is already underway. Check note 7 in the most recent 10-Q to see CNW actually did buy back over $222 million of stock in the month of June 2006 and was then planning to buy back another $178 million in the near future. Assume $400 million of current assets are used to buy shares in the LBO at $65 each, the buyer needs another $2.6 billion to close the deal.

3) The buyer (a consortium of hedge funds, presumably) puts up $960 million of its own cash.

4) The remaining $1.6 billion is rasied by issuing new 10-year CNW corporate bonds paying a 9% coupon.

Total long-term debt goes up to $2.2 billion, requiring roughly $200 million/year in interest payments. This is manageable because EBITDA is forecast to be more than $500 million/year, leaving net earnings around $250 million/year for the buyer. Not a bad annual return on a $960 million investment. And, if my assumed $400 million buyback program is completed at current market prices (management already plans to do roughly half of that) instead of the buyout price of $65/share, the deal is $160 million better for the buyer who then only needs to put up $800 million.

Of course, another transportation company could buy CNW in a standard buyout (no need for an LBO), but the LBO computation shows the intrinsic value of the company to outside investors.
YOU SHOULD WORK FOR ED JONES INVESTMENTS NOT CONWAY!! NICE WORK

Stock

Dudes, dudes, dudes, ya'll is killin me here! Fatbeard can't do diddly to the stock. This is douggy boy at the top. You know, the wet behind the ears lap dog of GLD? The dude is killin us man. Stock goes up and down for sure. But look deeper man. Look what's happnin! We have been down graded by wallstreet more than once! Stock going up and down is nothin more than the market fluctuating. But when wallstreet down grades you, that means they lost faith that you are going to bring in the $$$ you should! You can bet they will spin this into the 'why we killed your pension', patting us on the back with one hand and lifting our wallets with the other. We're making a bundle. Yeah, we're makin less, but we're still makin a bundle. Did douggy or Mc scale back their $$$ I'm not talking about bouns, I'm talking about all of it. And the first class flights, and the wife trips and memberships and all that jazz. Why not cut the FAT first, before you get into the meat???? We can't afford pensions, why can we afford house payments for douggy? It's all in the YAHOO reports man. We can't afford healthcare in retirement, how come we can afford first class flights for the clowns at the top? We can't afford ICP how come we can afford golf outings and all the 'fun' these dudes do???? Wake up people!

searching yahoo

ive searched yahoo money section for cnw. no where on there do i see that it says that Mc's house payment is part of the expenditures. could i have a link to it please?? :shrug: